151 posts
  • 11 / 16
 by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2083  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Best way to beat a cheater is to out-think them at their own game. For example, once you figure out the #$^%$^#^*%$$ cheatriots are filming your practice or the $@^%#^$^*%#*$^& sox are stealing your signs modify your practice and your signs without alerting them.

by rather
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
Starter

rams74 wrote:No. This is the part where you tell us all "I told you so." Which you've just done, so, thank you.

Got it! OK, the next step as I understand it is to move this thread to General. Thanks

Oh, and yes, I did tell you so. Can't believe I almost missed that

by rather
4 years 3 months ago
Starter

snackdaddy wrote:If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

Sincerely, Boston sports teams

You're skipping about 3-4 steps.. it goes:
* They didn't do it
* It can't be proven they did it
* If they did it, it didn't affect the outcome
* Everybody does it
* Everybody does it, and If you're not doing it, it's your own fault and you deserve what you get
Boston fans at various stages of the debate will insist on more than 1 of these things to be true, simultaneously.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

rather wrote:You're skipping about 3-4 steps.. it goes:
* They didn't do it
* It can't be proven they did it
* If they did it, it didn't affect the outcome
* Everybody does it
* Everybody does it, and If you're not doing it, it's your own fault and you deserve what you get
* Never happened. Everyone is just finding fault because they're jealous of our success
Boston fans at various stages of the debate will insist on more than 1 of these things to be true, simultaneously.

Added 1 that Boston fans have repeatedly said to me.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:If you ain't cheating you ain't trying.

Sincerely, Boston sports teams

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Supposedly it used to be that when a MLB team was in the league series they are supposed to book local hotel for the visiting team in the other league in case they make it to the World Series. In 2004 the Red Sox booked a hotel nearly 20 miles outside Boston/from Fenway and nearly 25 miles from Logan International. The Cardinals griped about the hour long bus rides and the pretty shoddy food spread the hotel laid out: which included lukewarm hot dogs and overdone chicken wings. They also didn't have a vegetarian meal for manager Tony LaRussa.

After that they changed it to where the league or the visiting team would secure hotels.

In addition the visiting locker room at TD Garden in Boston is the about the worst in the NHL.
https://www.boston.com/sports/nhl/2019/ ... in-the-nhl

by rather
4 years 3 months ago
Starter

Why didn't the Cardinals says screw that and get better accomodations? This is one case where I actually kind of applaud the Red Sox gamesmanship and wonder why the Cardinals were so stupid to let it happen.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:Why didn't the Cardinals says screw that and get better accomodations? This is one case where I actually kind of applaud the Red Sox gamesmanship and wonder why the Cardinals were so stupid to let it happen.

I think they did.

And pulling fire alarms at visiting team hotels is a common thing in Boston. Just like the “don’t leave your playbook in your hotel room rule”, getting woken up by fire alarms are almost expected.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/us/nfl-p ... index.html

• 11 / 16
151 posts Apr 24 2024