20 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

not sure where this stuff began, but i've been reading/hearing it since last season, that goff is effective when not pressured but struggles mightily when pressured, it was nonsense last season and it's even more nonsensical this season.

last year goff's qb rating, when pressured, was higher than that of rodgers, brees, ryan, wilson, roethlisberger, manning, and newton to name a few, and pff ranked goff 4th highest in qb rating when blitzed.

this season? here's the latest from pff:

01.png

so if anyone tries to feed you that "goff struggles when pressured" stuff, tell them to take a hike!

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2051  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Those numbers are insane. He's not just average, or slightly above average, he shatters the average on every stat. Just....

Holy Sh*t!

by /zn/
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6789  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I thought what people were saying was that he struggled when he held pressers.

I mean yeah he mumbles a bit and is a little lowkey, but I just take that in stride, he's otherwise fine in his pressers.

by aeneas1
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:Those numbers are insane. He's not just average, or slightly above average, he shatters the average on every stat. Just....

Holy Sh*t!

the kid has been playing lights out, would really love to see him deal a special outing today @ denver, the donkeys rank 26th in offensive points allowed, 22nd in qb rating allowed, 25th in yards per pass attempt allowed, and 20th in pass td% allowed.

by RedAlice
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I thought what people were saying was that he struggled when he held pressers.

I mean yeah he mumbles a bit and is a little lowkey, but I just take that in stride, he's otherwise fine in his pressers.

He acts like everyone who needs to know, knows.

But, I am required to talk to you all so ok.

Like, bored.

There is always something that cracks him up tho. And then he smile answers.

I mean, c'mon! does no one else other than me enjoy when Goff kinda smiles in spite of himself during the pressers? something always gets him to laugh.

by max
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Cynthia Frelund had numbers from her game theory model that showed Goff was bad under pressure. She was talking about it a few weeks ago.

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

max wrote:Cynthia Frelund had numbers from her game theory model that showed Goff was bad under pressure. She was talking about it a few weeks ago.

Goff is making her job security plummet.

by max
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5591  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elmgrovegnome wrote:Goff is making her job security plummet.

She has been so wrong on the Rams.

I don’t have a problem with getting stuff wrong, but she and her partner, Matt Smith, continue to dismiss the Rams. Smith loves taking shots at them. He’s a big Chargers guy, think he does their games.

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

That Frelund piece was after the first two games. Maybe Goff did struggle a little then. He had no real pre-season. Here is the link. You have to scroll down. Basically she said after two games Goff's QB rating went from 117 when not pressured, to 28.6 when pressured. The is a -89. The average for top ten QBs was -20.

Maybe she jumped the gun, or just needed to try to dig something juicy up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ch-20-team

• 1 / 2
20 posts May 19 2024