24 posts
  • 2 / 3
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
 by aeneas1
1 year ago
 Total posts:   13228  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:This is a vid test.

what are we trying to do here? did you upload these movie clips from your drive as attachments, as you would a jpeg?

 by aeneas1
1 year ago
 Total posts:   13228  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

@Elvis
@TomSlick
@Hacksaw
@RedAlice

have received several pm's re vids, having a tough time making sense of what folks are trying to get done, the pm format isn't helping much either, let's just use this thread...

 by RedAlice
1 year ago
 Total posts:   5170  
 Joined:  Aug 07 2015
United States of America   San Diego
Hall of Fame

I haven't tried videos yet, but I see a lot of them being used by others on insta.

 by Hacksaw
1 year ago
 Total posts:   17166  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

Not working on android

 by aeneas1
1 year ago
 Total posts:   13228  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Not working on android

what's not working on android?

 by TomSlick
1 year ago
 Total posts:   2279  
 Joined:  Jun 01 2015
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:what are we trying to do here? did you upload these movie clips from your drive as attachments, as you would a jpeg?

Yes, that is exactly what I did.

The videos work for me ... sometimes. However, even then, it may take 2 minutes for the videos to actually start to play.

As for the PM idea, that was me having brain fade forgetting that I can communicate directly with members from the thread.

 by aeneas1
1 year ago
 Total posts:   13228  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Yes, that is exactly what I did.

The videos work for me ... sometimes. However, even then, it may take 2 minutes for the videos to actually start to play.

As for the PM idea, that was me having brain fade forgetting that I can communicate directly with members from the thread.

- are you trying to upload a vid to your post, your sig, or both?
- what is the vid suffix? mp4, wmv, avi, mov, etc?
- any idea what size your vid is (mb)?

 by TomSlick
1 year ago
 Total posts:   2279  
 Joined:  Jun 01 2015
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:- are you trying to upload a vid to your post, your sig, or both?
- what is the vid suffix? mp4, wmv, avi, mov, etc?
- any idea what size your vid is (mb)?

Post
mov
The first one is 130 MB. The second one is 65.1 MB.

 by Hacksaw
1 year ago
 Total posts:   17166  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

aeneas1 wrote:what's not working on android?

Not seeing his test video files.

 by aeneas1
1 year ago
 Total posts:   13228  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Post
mov
The first one is 130 MB. The second one is 65.1 MB.

all very helpful, thanks!

by default the attachment feature will handle images, if you want to include vids i believe the forum has to host a vid/media player in order for the attached vids to work properly, probably an html5 player, i'll look into it...

  • 2 / 3
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
24 posts Jun 04 2020