54 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by AvengerRam
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Well...I didn’t have the right players, but I feel pretty good about my mock overall.

I had the Rams taking: EDGE, WR, ILB, OG, RB, DB, DB. Those are exactly the positions the Rams selected (plus a TE with the extra pick acquired via trade).

As for “tells,” one of the biggest seems to be Senior Bowl success. This year, we took Johnson and Lewis, who both excelled there.

Looking forward to seeing the new guys play.

by PARAM
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12295  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I had the Rams taking: EDGE, WR, ILB, OG, RB, DB, DB.

I figured they'd take a kicker because in reality, that was a need. When they got 3 picks for #126, I was sure that's what would happen. The two guys they signed prior to the draft might end up beating out Sloman anyway but it was a good move.

Many Ram fans believed OL was a need and the draft, then their presser afterwards showed that was not one of their priorities. RB, WR, Edge and S were.

by Elvis
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

By my count 6 of our 9 picks were at the Senior Bowl. 8 of 9 were seniors and one of them was at the East/West Shrine game (but not SB).

First two years of McVay we relied heavily on SB (coincidence or not) and we seem to be back to that this year...

by ramsman34
4 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8637  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:By my count 6 of our 9 picks were at the Senior Bowl. 8 of 9 were seniors and one of them was at the East/West Shrine game (but not SB).

First two years of McVay we relied heavily on SB (coincidence or not) and we seem to be back to that this year...

And, obviously, the team was more successful those first 2 years. I think last season was an anomaly - a laziness/rest on your laurels approach subconsciously. They got back to formulas that work for them.

• 6 / 6
54 posts May 18 2024