1326 posts
  • 90 / 133
 by aeneas1
1 week ago
 Total posts:   12394  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Yes and another who has now died.

so you know multiple people that have been infected including one that has died? was the one that died elderly and/or have other health problems? hope you're ok, stay safe!

by DirtyFacedKid
1 week ago
 Total posts:   664  
United States of America   El Segundo
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:so you know multiple people that have been infected including one that has died? was the one that died elderly and/or have other health problems? hope you're ok, stay safe!

Yes and the one who died was older and had underlying conditions.

by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

What Cuomo said about the extended durations on ventilators for covid 19 patients was concerning.

by AvengerRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   3866  
Israel   Longwood, FL
Superstar

Condolences to anyone who has lost someone.

by Dick84
1 week ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Yes and the one who died was older and had underlying conditions.

Terrible.
I'm sorry to hear that.

by Dick84
1 week ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

One thought that struck me today... the political argument over the coronavirus is the climate change political argument on a much, much shorter timeline.

by ramsrams
1 week ago
 Total posts:   722  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Veteran

Just like to thank the psychiatrists and psychologists who are helping people dealing with stress.

I’m guessing many of us are big, strong guys, because we played a little football.

Had a great bro, never lost an arm wrestle, even in a bar of bikers, who just snapped one day. Stress related. He’s getting better now.

You have to treat the mind, not just the body.

I was ignorant about that.

by Neil039
1 week ago
 Total posts:   2598  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

river wrote:I'm sorry for what you had to deal with regarding BoA, but I don't understand what the relationship is between your ordeal and 'big government' is ? It actually appears that with your next sentence you are calling for further banking regulations, which infers 'bigger government'. As previously stated, I would support a nationwide policy where a homeowner might defer a mortgage payment in an emergency situation, but for this to happen as 'policy', it would call for an appeal that you have remarked on as 'hating'.

Point being, there should be something in place for catastrophes or emergencies. I feel for the people who will not have anything left because the banking system does not have policies in place to protect the little guys in these types of situations. Or by gawd they are beyond difficult to get the banks to comply.
I should have been a little more clear. I am still a bit perturbed about the logo, it's my issue so I gotta deal with it.

by /zn/
1 week ago
 Total posts:   4945  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid19 ... ort-2020-3

A new report warns that the coronavirus pandemic will overwhelm US hospitals and kill 81,000 people by July

Business Insider
March 26, 2020

The coronavirus pandemic could claim 81,000 lives in the US by July and overwhelm hospitals by mid-April, according to a new report from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington's School of Medicine, even with current social distancing measures in place.

"Demand for ventilators and beds in US hospital intensive care units (ICUs) will far exceed capacity for COVID-19 patients as early as the second week of April. Deaths related to the current wave of COVID-19 in the US are likely to persist into July," IMHE researchers said in a statement Thursday.

However, the researchers said the initial wave of the COVID-19 pandemic could end by this summer if the country stays on lockdown.

As the number of COVID-19 virus patients spikes — an outcome that public health experts say is all but certain — 21 states could need more ICU beds than they have currently, while 12 states may need to increase capacity by at least 50%, the report predicted.

IMHE's estimates, which are based on information from a range of sources including local and national governments, the World Health Organization, and the American Hospital Association, also assume that the US works diligently to limit the spread of the virus through social distancing and other measures.

"The trajectory of the pandemic will change – and dramatically for the worse – if people ease up on social distancing or relax with other precautions. We encourage everyone to adhere to those precautions to help save lives," said IMHE Director Dr. Christopher Murray.

IMHE acknowledged that there's a lot of uncertainty in its estimates. The number of US deaths could range between 38,000 and 162,000 by July, the group said.

Other researchers have predicted anywhere from 200,000 to 2.2 million deaths in the US by the end of the year.

If the US continues to hunker down, "the current wave of the pandemic" could end (meaning fewer than 10 deaths per day nationwide), IMHE's release said.

"We hope these forecasts will help leaders of medical systems figure out innovative ways to deliver high-quality care to those who will need their services in the coming weeks," Murray said.

• 90 / 133
1326 posts Apr 03 2020