33 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:(That said... I don't care about the sex, gender, religion, race, age or national origin of our players and coaches... as long as they help us win.)

Absolutely!

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2083  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

If at some point there is a woman good enough to play in the NFL fine.

I will draw the line at pygmies, dwarfs and midgets though. ;)

There is actually a quote by some general (I think) that I cannot find right now. Goes something like: "I don't need any __________, nor pygmies, dwarfs or midgets."

My younger sister could probably have played high school football. She throws like a guy. Great spiral.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

It will be a long long time before we get a woman in a top tier or head NFL coaching position.

If anything it's going to be the NBA and it may be soon. If Pops gets his way in San Antonio, Becky Hammon could get his job.

by R4L
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

DirtyFacedKid wrote:I'm not really the type to get in here and cause problems, but I can't let this just sit out here like this without responding. This is a horrible sentiment to be posting, especially when there are women on this board. :(

We should be better than this.

Hey no offence to any of the women on here. Just my opinion

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4306  
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Until there is a transgender, multi-racial, octogenarian, Satanic Druid, undocumented immigrant coach who identifies as a border collie, none of us will be free.
Marquette King fits everything above but he is a punter, not a coach, but at one time he played in the NFL ... does he count?

I wish the Raiders would have kept him

by BobCarl
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   4306  
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:Black Female Coach?

Jack, you make this person out to be a token. I hope this isn't the intention of the team from Washington.

by /zn/
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Is there a difference between strength coach and trainer? I thought there have been women staff on NFL teams for while now? From medical assistants to trainers to whatever. The lady in Washington is an actual positional coach though, isn't she? Which is something more.

Actually I was wrong about the SF coach being a strength coach. She's an offensive assistant.

The woman with Tampa is not a trainer with the medical staff--she is an assistant to the strength & conditionaing coach, a position that is always listed under "coaches."

https://www.buccaneers.com/team/coaches-roster/

Tampa also has a female assistant DL coach.

by JackPMiller
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:Jack, you make this person out to be a token. I hope this isn't the intention of the team from Washington.

I saw the article, and posted it. No, it was not an intention, because the team was from Washington. She worked as an intern for Ron Rivera in Carolina.

by phoenixrising
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

moklerman wrote:Yeah, if a woman is good enough to play then that's all that matters. I don't see how that can ever happen for most positions but I don't really care. If they start mandating that there has to be a woman or 3 or 5 on each team arbitrarily then I'll have a problem.

Didn't you already have an avatar with professional women football players? Or am I confusing you with somebody else?

• 2 / 4
33 posts Apr 25 2024