15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by bremillard
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

The Rams went all in with Goff and this team. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. There is no cavalry charging in. As a fan I am stunned. I was a bit more than irritated that Goff got the farm before he had proven himself. Why not wait until this season was complete before negotiating? Would he get 134 million after this debacle of a meltdown season/performance was complete? I highly doubt it. I wanted to believe. I even did a couple of times but the game in Dallas showed me this isn't a good team and with the salary and draft pick condition being what it is how are they going to get better? Between Usc and now the Rams I am disgusted with socal football. Please someone wake me when Helton is gone and the rams can field a consistent team. Until then I'll just concentrate on racing my car.

by AvengerRam
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Yeah...

Goff’s inability to stop the Cowboys’ running game was unacceptable.

So was his run blocking. Just awful.

He really played bad defensively against Tampa and Baltimore too. Terrible.

And the way he was owned on the LOS by the Niners and Steelers. Ugh.

It’s really all his fault.

by JackPMiller
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

The draft. Will Rashard Lawrence DT 6'3" 317 still be there for us in the 2nd round? How about Lucas Niang OT/OG 6'6" 330 TCU in the 2nd round? He is someone that is listed as a OT, but some scouts feel he may be better suited inside at Guard.

by Gareth
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
Pro Bowl

A lot of people just don’t seem to get that unless you are the patriots, this is the NFL.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't have a problem with paying him. Quarterbacks get paid in this league. Some live up to it. Some don't. He didn't. But one bad season isn't a reason to cut bait. You have to look at how much of the problem was Goff and try to fix it. You also have to look at how much of the problem was the supporting cast and try to fix that too.

The one thing I would hate to do is knee jerk react and end up going through another bunch of years unsettled at the position. We've been in quarterback hell too many years. They have to do everything they can to fix Goff and fix the supporting cast. They've already proven they're fully capable.

by bremillard
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
Veteran

Goff can be great...or really bad. No...he doesn't have the supporting cast. He needs an air tight o-line and clean pockets. He needs a dependable run game. I get that QB's make big money but is he the best? He's sure as hell paid like he is. Paying him elite player money cuts into what they can pay others and that didn't have to happen now. No...he doesn't miss tackles or run block but he does suck resources up that could be paid to the ones who might be capable. I am in no way saying to dump him. They really can't because they are into him for at least 110 million. Jackie Slater referred to him as a "work in progress". Is the search for good quarterbacks such that works in progress get that kind of cheese? I really love the horseshit...last 10 years comparisons. Oh...because this team sucked for so long I should be happy that they play Dallas, Tampa Bay and Baltimore only one time per season so utter humiliation occurs just a few times per season. I truly hope I'm wrong but we may be in for another significant period of shit football. There isn't enough money nor draft picks likely available to keep that from happening. That's the scary part. I just wonder how many seat licenses get sold after this debacle? I will be the first one to eat a large chunk of humble pie if/when they make the playoffs next season but I sure wouldn't bet money on their success and I doubt many here would.

by snackdaddy
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

bremillard wrote:I get that QB's make big money but is he the best? He's sure as hell paid like he is. Paying him elite player money cuts into what they can pay others and that didn't have to happen now.

No, he isn't the best. But that is the nature of the business. Many players at all positions get paid top dollar and at the time it looks prohibitive. In a few years it will be middle of the road. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the extension kick in after his rookie contract is up? He still woulda been paid 22 mil next season in the final year of the rookie deal.

I truly hope I'm wrong but we may be in for another significant period of shit football.

Its quite possible. Its also possible we could be in for a significant period of winning football. One bad year guarantees nothing. Just like one good year doesn't either.

by Hacksaw
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Salary cap aside, a couple of things come to mind when in relationship to our future.

You can rearrange the cap through trades, cuts and restructures so there are some options.

That period of shit didnt have an owner who is a sportsman, who likes (and has ample resources) to win. He has alot of his eggs into his prize possession, our Los Angeles Rams.

The staff if assembled and the future is way brighter than those dark dome years under Spagslinnihaslisher...

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:A lot of people just don’t seem to get that unless you are the patriots, this is the NFL.

another dynasty opportunity blown, eh? when's the last time brees led the saints to the super bowl, last year? the year before that? the year before that? the year...

• 1 / 2
15 posts Apr 19 2024