Total posts:   10772  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Seriously now.
This offense is completely broken.
Goff is lost
Oline can’t block
Rb look like they’re running in sand
Let Jay keep Snyder’s money by not taking an official role and maybe he can help jump start his protege

by ramsman34
2 days ago
 Total posts:   3425  
United States of America   Enemy Territory - Seattle
Superstar

Something needs to be done. The Tams look like they have about 10 plays they run. Everyone knows what’s coming. Even most fans.

by aeneas1
2 days ago
 Total posts:   11383  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

from offensive genius, a guy who had the nfl scrambling in an effort to find the next mcvay, to a guy who can't coach offense to save his life, who now needs his daddy, is that really what it has come to?

by Curly Horns
2 days ago
 Total posts:   33  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

aeneas1 wrote:from offensive genius, a guy who had the nfl scrambling in an effort to find the next mcvay, to a guy who can't coach offense to save his life, who now needs his daddy, is that really what it has come to?

Yeah go figure. Seems to defy all odds and sound reason.

by Haden
2 days ago
 Total posts:   1137  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:from offensive genius, a guy who had the nfl scrambling in an effort to find the next mcvay, to a guy who can't coach offense to save his life, who now needs his daddy, is that really what it has come to?

Unfortunately yes.

by moklerman
2 days ago
 Total posts:   5241  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I've wondered about this too and I find it difficult to believe that after 6 years of production with all manner of personnel and two different teams that McVay has suddenly just lost it. While I do think that he is struggling to adapt to what he's got right now, if the QB is struggling it's hard to make an offense go.

McVay has been slow to adapt to whatever struggles Goff is having though so he does deserve criticism for that. Perhaps he is aiming to forge Goff in fire but it seems that he should perhaps remove some of the pressure and responsibility for now.

Goff seems to get fixated with his targets lately. When Kupp went down last year I actually thought it would be a silver lining and benefit Goff by forcing him to spread the ball around and find whoever was open. But today he seemed to settle on a matchup and just keep going to the well too often. Reynolds, Reynolds, Reynolds...Everett, Everett, Everett...I know there has to be somebody open on just about every play if the QB can find them. Not sure Goff is finding them.

by dieterbrock
1 day ago
 Total posts:   10772  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I don’t think mcVay has lost it, but I do think he’s still incredibly young and no matter how brilliant, lacked experience coming in to the role.
Of course that was forgotten when he took the league by storm but doesn’t mean it didn’t happen
Now his coaching staff was poached so who can he lean on? Kromer?
I don’t think there is any weakness in getting help. Especially when there is help out there right now

• 1 / 1
8 posts Nov 13 2019