16 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 days ago
 Total posts:   1203  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Top choice for damn near all has to be the Super Bowl victory

#2 in my list: The Forfeit Bowl. Rams win at New Orleans. Flipper Anderson sets NFL record. Jim Everett is great. Late in the game as the aints fans are chanting forfeit he crumples up a Gatorade cup and strolls back onto the field. Coach Robinson said his favorite thing in sports was watching the losing teams fans file dejectedly out of the stadium. And Kevin Greene played the game in total berserker mode.

by dieterbrock
4 days ago
 Total posts:   10375  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

If we are talking regular season games the first to come to mind is the 27-10 down in the 4th, and Beat Seattle 33-27 in OT

by PARAM
3 days ago
 Total posts:   3754  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Superstar

I always loved the Miami game early in 2001. Prior to the game, with all the talk about TGSOT all world DBs Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain were talking shit and one of them (Madison IIRC) said (paraphrasing), "it's a dome and so when we get there just lock the doors and we'll see how it turns out". As it turned out the Rams pounded them 42-10. It was 14-10 but the Rams scored right before halftime to start the blowout. I didn't hear any post game comments from Madison or Surtain. Must have been because Warner went 24 for 31 for 328 yards, 4 TDs and 0 Int.

by LARams_1963
3 days ago
 Total posts:   847  
United States of America   Huntington Beach
Veteran

Yeah, it was only last year but damn hard to beat the Battle of Mexico Cit...erm... I mean Coliseum against the Chiefs.

by Elvis
3 days ago
 Total posts:   22467  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:I always loved the Miami game early in 2001. Prior to the game, with all the talk about TGSOT all world DBs Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain were talking shit and one of them (Madison IIRC) said (paraphrasing), "it's a dome and so when we get there just lock the doors and we'll see how it turns out". As it turned out the Rams pounded them 42-10. It was 14-10 but the Rams scored right before halftime to start the blowout. I didn't hear any post game comments from Madison or Surtain. Must have been because Warner went 24 for 31 for 328 yards, 4 TDs and 0 Int.

I remember Warner stiff arming a Dolphin with his left while throwing that TD right before the half, always stood out to me as such a great play by Warner...

by aeneas1
3 days ago
 Total posts:   10766  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

too many to list, but one that's right there at the top is the 1999 butt kicking the gsot rams gave the niners, it's was overwhelming really, finally beating those pricks after 16 consecutive losses, 16 consecutive losses in which the rams were outscored by an average of 16-33. :shock2:

by moklerman
3 days ago
 Total posts:   5022  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:too many to list, but one that's right there at the top is the 1999 butt kicking the gsot rams gave the niners, it's was overwhelming really, finally beating those pricks after 16 consecutive losses, 16 consecutive losses in which the rams were outscored by an average of 16-33. :shock2:
You stole my answer! ;) After 17 straight losses, that was almost a religious experience. A real sign of things to come and a watershed moment.

Another example from '99 was the Vikings playoff game. Beforehand, it was nerve racking to wonder if the regular season was just a fluke. Then they went out and steamrolled the Vikings.

The Rams had such a history of disappointment and bride's maid but never a bride moments that '99 really stands out.

by Neil039
3 days ago
 Total posts:   2323  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

The Niners game snapping the streak and SOSAR moniker. Hated that!

Also, the year the Peyton Manning led Broncos came to The Dome and loss 22-7 in 2014. Plus, the hit McCleod put on Emanual Sanders...Brutal!

by AvengerRam
3 days ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

The 1999 win against SF definitely makes the list.

A couple others:

1979 Divisional Round win vs. Dallas. 21-19 on a TD pass to Billy Waddy. Jack Youngblood plays with broken leg.

1981 37-35 victory over Atlanta. LeRoy Irvin returns two punts for TDs.

• 1 / 2
16 posts Sep 17 2019