86 posts
  • 5 / 9
 by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I don’t like it either but guess it will happen. Then we get to deal with the strategy when to put in the backups. I can totally see coaches agreeing on a game where both put in their backups mid season it turns basically into a mid season preseason game that counts. Fun.
Or when you play a very good no conference team, give all your starters a bye and just tank. Least important game and just chock it up as a loss.
It’s going to add a whole mother facet. Some people may like it and could me a little interesting
But one reason I do enjoy football is the season is so short. I can follow along, buy season tickets, etc.

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Both sides usually start off negotiating very far apart. The union starts high. The owners start low. They hope is they can come to somewhere in the middle and be satisfied. I agree the 18 game proposal is all a part of that. But preseason games are so meaningless I have to think it would might intriguing for the owners.

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Both sides usually start off negotiating very far apart. The union starts high. The owners start low. They hope is they can come to somewhere in the middle and be satisfied. I agree the 18 game proposal is all a part of that. But preseason games are so meaningless I have to think it would might intriguing for the owners.

Though I think they can dump some preseason games without expanding to 18 regular season games.

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Though I think they can dump some preseason games without expanding to 18 regular season games.

Not sure how this is possible. The Owners don’t want to give up the revenue from pre-season games.

by majik
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
Pro Bowl

The 18-game schedule with a 16-game per player Limit is an ABSOLUTE JOKE and I hope the NFLPA opposes it.

Expand the freaking rosters to say 60 Active on Gameday to rest players.

Guarantee Contracts.

Free health insurance for life for players and their families.

by azramsfan93
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

majik wrote:The 18-game schedule with a 16-game per player Limit is an ABSOLUTE JOKE and I hope the NFLPA opposes it.

Expand the freaking rosters to say 60 Active on Gameday to rest players.

Guarantee Contracts.

Free health insurance for life for players and their families.

Contract terms are a negotiation. The NFLPA could get those care abouts, but what will they give up to do it? Probably salaries.

by RedAlice
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Here we go again....

It’s fucking negotiations.

Never fails that fans waste time debating things that will not happen.

We are not having 18 games w 16 games per player or anything else being over debated amongst bored fans ad nauseum.

There are some points that matter to each side. They will throw up tons of BS right now to get to that.

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Howard Balzer@HBalzer721
Can’t wait for the 18/16 NFL schedule when teams have to decide when to sit their starting offensive linemen! #ugly

Geoff Schwartz@geoffschwartz
There’s no possible way the NFL was considering that. I think it was floated out there to see the reaction.

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

Wouldn't it be great if the Rams lost a game by 2 because a Sam Ficken type missed 3 FG and 2 XP after being signed a week before the game? Meanwhile Zuerline is nailing 70 yarders in street clothes...

• 5 / 9
86 posts Apr 18 2024