18 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by moklerman
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

You're probably right and as much as I wasn't a fan of them drafting Mannion, he never did get a chance to play in the real McVay offense. Which is good for the team but too bad for Mannion.

by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:You're probably right and as much as I wasn't a fan of them drafting Mannion, he never did get a chance to play in the real McVay offense. Which is good for the team but too bad for Mannion.

It's DowntownRams saying that but they have a habit of overstating their case.

However, they're actually at the Senior Bowl which is more than i can say for any Rams media...

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well, Mannion did get to start the season finale last year, and he was terrible. McVay/Snead have made it pretty obvious that backup QB hasn't been a priority, whether its due to confidence in Mannion (which I find unlikely) or that they are all in on Goff's development that they don't want to invest time in another QB, therefore taking time away.
I was pretty surprised they didn't draft a QB last year, to be in position to take over after Mannion contract ran out.
Cant say that QB list of visits is very inspiring

by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:Well, Mannion did get to start the season finale last year, and he was terrible. McVay/Snead have made it pretty obvious that backup QB hasn't been a priority, whether its due to confidence in Mannion (which I find unlikely) or that they are all in on Goff's development that they don't want to invest time in another QB, therefore taking time away.
I was pretty surprised they didn't draft a QB last year, to be in position to take over after Mannion contract ran out.
Cant say that QB list of visits is very inspiring

Yeah, i know the SB is less than a week away but still, gonna be interesting to see what the Rams do at backup QB next year. If they re-sign Mannion then i guess they really do like him. Otherwise it's the draft or a Chase Daniels type of vet.

On the one hand maybe we can be team like NE where our drafted backup QBs become worth draft capital or maybe, and more likely, we stick with the vet model that doesn't involve much work on the part of the coaching staff...

by ramsman34
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8524  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:Yeah, i know the SB is less than a week away but still, gonna be interesting to see what the Rams do at backup QB next year. If they re-sign Mannion then i guess they really do like him. Otherwise it's the draft or a Chase Daniels type of vet.

On the one hand maybe we can be team like NE where our drafted backup QBs become worth draft capital or maybe, and more likely, we stick with the vet model that doesn't involve much work on the part of the coaching staff...

I wonder what Josh McCown's (Jets) contract is? If he is a F/A, Sneed should snatch him up immediately then draft to upgrade Brandon Allen.

by ramsman34
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8524  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Shoulda just researched it: UFA - Go get him Snead! Then McVay can add him to the staff after next season and start grooming him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-je ... cown-4944/

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Shoulda just researched it: UFA - Go get him Snead! Then McVay can add him to the staff after next season and start grooming him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-je ... cown-4944/

Did you see his contract in your research though?
He's making 5 mill per year, way too much for a backup QB

• 2 / 2
18 posts Apr 19 2024