5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25760118/star-lsu-tigers-linebacker-devin-white-entering-nfl-draft

He is the type of player I think could really transform our defense. Probably need to get close to the top 10, though, to have a shot, which may be too big a price (probably would have to package our 2019 and 2020 No. 1s), but...I might consider it.

by ramsman34
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   8521  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

AvengerRam wrote:http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25760118/star-lsu-tigers-linebacker-devin-white-entering-nfl-draft

He is the type of player I think could really transform our defense. Probably need to get close to the top 10, though, to have a shot, which may be too big a price (probably would have to package our 2019 and 2020 No. 1s), but...I might consider it.

We need to upgrade Barron and this kid seems like a major upgrade. That's a ton of draft capital however. We also need corners badly, a starting FS, DT, possibly Edge, o-line depth. And we are picking 29-31. I would trade up if it makes sense but would be fine trading down too. A lot of defensive talent in this draft and about 20 players who are graded 1st rounders, typically. Get more picks and get more defensive players and o-line would be my strategy.

by JackPMiller
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Still need an Edge Rusher, even if Fowler comes back. White to me fits more of a SS in 3-4 system, we have Johnson for that. Hoping Nasir Adderly drops to us in the 3rd round for us. He is a FS. He has legit bloodlines, since he has family that played in the NFL, Herb Adderly.

I am hoping one of the top edge rushers, could slide to us in round 1.

by AvengerRam
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:Still need an Edge Rusher, even if Fowler comes back. White to me fits more of a SS in 3-4 system, we have Johnson for that. Hoping Nasir Adderly drops to us in the 3rd round for us. He is a FS. He has legit bloodlines, since he has family that played in the NFL, Herb Adderly.

I am hoping one of the top edge rushers, could slide to us in round 1.

White is a 240 lb linebacker, not a safety.

He'll probably go in the Top 10-15, though, so I doubt the Rams would be willing to give up resources to move that far up.

by PARAM
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:Still need an Edge Rusher, even if Fowler comes back.

Edge rushers are always a premium. But how do our coaches feel about Ebukam and Okoronkwo? Does anybody really know?

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 17 2024