• 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here's how I'd rank the target positions:

1. Edge Rusher
The acquisition of Dante Fowler could change this eventually but, right now, it can't simply be presumed that he'll be back. Even if he is retained, its not like Samson Ebukam has an unbreakable stranglehold at the other starting spot. So, while the hope is that this position will drop on this list by the end of the year, right now I think its still the clear top priority.

2. Cornerback
The CB position has not, thus far, turned out as the Rams hoped. Aqib Talib has been hurt, while Marcus Peters (who also suffered an injury) has been a huge disappointment. Both are signed through 2019, but I would not be surprised if the Rams look to bolster this position in the draft.

3. Left Tackle
The Rams will eventually need to replace Andrew Whitworth. Joe Noteboom could be the guy, but he may be more envisioned as a future starting OG. If the Rams feel like the value is there at the OT spot when they make their first selection, going that route could be a very good long-term move.

4. Free Safety
Lamarcus Joyner is playing on the franchise tag, and his play in the first half of the season certainly does not scream out "big contract." A young FS on a rookie deal to pair with John Johnson would make a lot of sense.

5. Defensive Tackle
Salary cap concerns could very well mean that the Rams won't be able to bring back both Ndamukong Suh and Michael Brockers. A young DT could really hit the lottery getting the chance to play next to Aaron Donald for several years.

by AvengerRam
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think its safe to say, after yesterday's loss to the Saints, that CB is at the top of the list right now.

• 1 / 1
3 posts Apr 18 2024