1 post
  • 1 / 1
 by PARAM
4 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Antonio Gibson – Memphis –6’0 228 lbs

Strengths: A hybrid receiver/running back that came strongly onto the scene this year after totaling over 700 yards receiving, 300 yards rushing and 12 touchdowns combined. He also added another 600+ yards and 1 touchdown on kickoff returns. Built with a rocked-up physique that shows developed muscle tone and a filled-out frame. Truly a jack of all trades player, Gipson is an intriguing prospect that can fulfill a variety of different roles for any team at the next level. Gipson is the perfect chess piece for today’s NFL if he goes to a creative offensive mind that can utilize his diverse skill set. Dynamic with the ball in his hands, Gibson shows the ability to plow over guys or make them miss in space, with outstanding shiftiness. Appears to enjoy contact, showing fearlessness to drop his pads and plow through contact. As a receiver, he generally lines up at an inside role, showing terrific short-area quickness and flexibility to create in short to intermediate-based routes. Shows good separation quickness to create some spacing at the top of his routes. A good catch radius allows him to make plays outside of his frame.

Weaknesses: Gibson is a 1-season wonder that came out of nowhere this year. Quicker than he is fast, Gibson lacks the elite long-speed to be a down the field threat. Limited as a receiver at this point in time, running a very limited route tree. Lacks any kind of outside experience.

Best Fit: Slot player that can be a chess piece on offense Player Ranking (1-100): 65.5 – Gibson is a fun and exciting player to watch on tape. He lacks a true identity and will need to go to an offensive coaching staff that will have a vision for the player. There are traits to work with in him and I think at the very least he could start off being a nice special teams player. 5th round player.

from: DTP's 2020 NFL Draft Guide: The Ultimate Football Draft Resource

Why do I think of the Rams when I read that take? Issac Bruce went to Memphis so I'm remembering that fact? The guy this kid should be playing for is in L.A.. And it ain't Anthony Lynn.

Here are some highlite videos.
"Most underrated athlete in America"

"Big Play Threat"

"Memphis Highlights"

Find a spot to get this guy!!!!! He can carry the ball out of the backfield or line up in the slot. Dude is a swiss army knife with 4.39 speed. I gotta believe McVay could get a lot out of this kid.

• 1 / 1
1 post Apr 17 2024