5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by JackPMiller
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

He is someone I'm keeping an eye on, if he comes out. Slaton is 6'5" 348 NT Florida. Supposedly right now, if he comes out, Slaton is considered a mid-2nd to mid-3rd round area. Again, he is only a junior. But his size clogging up the middle, would be big.

by safer
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
Pro Bowl

Interesting kid. Great size--I'll read up on him.
BTW, Jack Miller----Another Jack Miller lived right across the street from us when I was in HS and college. Loved that guy. Handsome man who was the pilot for Northrup Aviation's board. They would lease their jet out, along with Jack, to famous performers. He flew both Elvis and then later, Sonny and Cher, all over Europe. He would ask me to come over and shoot pool with him, which I rarely did because I was young and sooo dumb, chasing skirts, partying and playing football.
He has since passed away, and I've always had serious regrets in not expressing my respect and affinity for him and not creating more memories with him. God Bless Jack...........

by safer
4 years 3 months ago
Pro Bowl

Jack, I just read that DT Jordan Phillips of the Bills will likely become a FA as they drafted Ed Oliver to replace him, in the last draft. Jordan is 6'6" 341 AND had 9.5 sacks this year! He did play in a 4-3 with them, but boy, I'd love to see us go after him.

by JackPMiller
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

safer wrote:Jack, I just read that DT Jordan Phillips of the Bills will likely become a FA as they drafted Ed Oliver to replace him, in the last draft. Jordan is 6'6" 341 AND had 9.5 sacks this year! He did play in a 4-3 with them, but boy, I'd love to see us go after him.

I love Philips, but my concern is he may be out of our price tag. I expect the Jets and Raiders to go hard after him in free agency.

by safer
4 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

agreed (sigh) he want top 3 DT money--and he's got the stats to probably get it too.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 19 2024