12 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by PARAM
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

It was pretty obvious before starting Noteboom and Allen....ie, the 2018 Superbowl.....Canuck wanted changes on the O line (though I don't remember exactly who he wanted gone). Some changes were made....letting Saffold and Sullivan walk....but the two new guys were injured, as well as Havenstein and we were forced to start two rookies and a new 2nd year guy for almost half the season (7 games). The OL continuity was disrupted, surpressed in fact and it showed. So where are we? We've got all those young guys back but we're trying to resign Whitworth and Blythe. I expect they'll grab another OL in the draft but our immediate future depends on whether they can sign Whitworth and/or Blythe and the recovery of Noteboom and Allen. I don't believe we can bank on a 2nd or 3rd round OL coming in and helping us right away. In 2021? Sure.

by river
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   111  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

OK, The Rams have now re-signed Blythe for one year and Whitworth for three, so while no obvious OL improvements gained yet thru free agency, we do have some very young and far more experienced players returning to compete, and we also have our draft still ahead of us. Allen will be back from his MCL and eventually Noteboom will also return from his ACL/MCL.
Havenstein returning as his old self will go a long way in settling some big questions, although Evans is going to be very good competition at RT. I have to believe Blythe will remain as the starting Center with Allen behind him. Corbett should be in the pole position for starting at LG, but the competition should be intense at RG and both reserve OG positions.
I still see the Rams drafting an OT and an OG/C to keep the talent pressure on the OL active going forward, especially not knowing how much longer Whitworth's 38 year old body can continue to stand-up, and being that Blythe was only offered a 1 year contract.
If the Rams are now done with free agents, both our own and from outside, other than perhaps Zuerlein, I look forward to the draft bringing us a DE, OT, C/OG, ILB & a WR, not necessarily in that order. jmo.

• 2 / 2
12 posts Apr 19 2024