14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here is a list of players I like as potential prospects for the Rams, and could be available when the Rams pick in Rounds 2 and beyond.

Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville
Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
Baron Browning, LB, Ohio State
Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech
Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke
D’wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
Richie Grant, S, Central Florida
Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
Patrick Jones, EDGE, Pittsburgh
Walker Little, OT, Stanford
Quinn Meinerz, C/OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas
Levi Onwuzurike, DL, Washington
Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida
Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
Assante Samuel, Jr., CB, Florida State
Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State

by JackPMiller
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I'll add on
Chris Rumph Edge Miami(FL)
Israel Mukuamu CB South Carolina
Tuf Borland ILB Ohio State - even though he could be a 7th rounder or comp pick.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:I'll add on
Chris Rumph Edge Miami(FL)
Israel Mukuamu CB South Carolina
Tuf Borland ILB Ohio State - even though he could be a 7th rounder or comp pick.

Rumph is from Duke. I'm betting you were thinking of Mike Rumph, the Miami CB who, as a 49er, ended up with a broken arm when he foolishly tried to arm tackle Steven Jackson!

Rumph is an interesting prospect, but I prefer his teammate, Dimukeje, due to his size (Rumph is 235, Dimukeje 265). Still, Rumph is a good addition to the watch list, as are the others you listed.

by JackPMiller
3 years 1 month ago
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Rumph is from Duke. I'm betting you were thinking of Mike Rumph, the Miami CB who, as a 49er, ended up with a broken arm when he foolishly tried to arm tackle Steven Jackson!

Rumph is an interesting prospect, but I prefer his teammate, Dimukeje, who due to his size (Rumph is 235, Dimukeje 265). Still, Rumph is a good addition to the watch list, as are the others you listed.

Yeah. I accidentally wrote Miami. I meant to say Duke. I hate screwing up.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Tutu looks like an interesting prospect. He's projected by some to go in the 4th round but they caution, he might go higher. They say he had some poor concentration drops and struggles against bigger, physical corners being just 5'9", 165. So McVay would simply put him in motion.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, 6'6" Warren Jackson from Colorado St. looks impressive. He opted out last year so...there's that. They say he's a good blocker in the run game :idea2: :idea2: :idea2: He thrives in press man coverage. Another projected 4th round pick.

Another intriguing player who I wish McVay/Snead would grab is FB Ben Mason (Michigan) 6'3" 256. He has experience at TE and special teams. I watch Shanahan incorporate a FB and wonder why the hell McVay doesn't. It presents an extra layer for defenses, not to mention another blocker in the run game. 7th round rating

Ben Cleveland, OG, Georgia, 6'6" 354 lbs. 3rd round rating.

David Moore, G, Grambling St., 6'2" 350 lbs They claim he doesn't have an ounce of body fat. :o Will need time to develop at the NFL level. 4th round player

Drew Dalman, C, Stanford, 6'3" 300 lbs. Highly intelligent. Tenacity and a mean streak. 4th round player.

Sadarius Hutcherson, G, S. Carolina, 6'4" 320 lbs. A beast. UDFA

**Brian Allen's brother Matt is available... (that was for Canuck!!!) :D

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Thanks for that Pennsylvania! :lol2:

Wasn't Brian Allen's older brother a NCAA centre as well?
Also a MSU Spartan?
Cannot remember if he was drafted or just a UDFA some years back.....too swamped this morning to look it up. :|

Anyways.....3 sons and 3 OLinemen! What the heck did Mr. Allen feed those boys!!!??? :shock2:

by JackPMiller
3 years 1 month ago
Superstar

We can also add on Dan Moore Jr. OT Texas A&M. Played LT in college. Moore is a little light for an NFL LT, at 6'5" 310. Just needs to add 5 pounds. Played in a zone blocking scheme, which we run, and we could draft him with our 3rd round comp pick, let him sit, and learn the NFL from watching Whit.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

I'm going to start posting Pro Day tidbits regarding my watch list:

Creed Humphrey, OL
Creed Humphrey is one of two Sooners that could potentially find himself selected in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, and after an outstanding Pro Day performance on Friday, his chances of becoming a Day One pick just went up. He particularly impressed with his broad jump, vertical and 20-yard shuttle drills.

Height/Weight — 6’4 5/8”, 312 pounds

Broad jump — 9’4”

Vertical — 33”

40-yard dash — 5.09 seconds

20-yard shuttle — 4.46 seconds

3-cone — 7.54 seconds

Bench press — 29 reps

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Most of the NFL personnel on hand made the two-hour trek from the Northwestern Pro Day earlier in the day to watch Quinn Meinerz. The workout ended just a little while ago, around 6:45 PM EST.

At this point, I have the Meinerz testing numbers.

Tipping the scales at 320 pounds, Meinerz was timed as fast as 4.86 seconds in the forty with a 10-yard split of 1.73 seconds. His short shuttle was timed at 4.47 seconds and his three-cone was timed 7.33 seconds. He touched 32 inches on the vertical jump and 9-feet-3-inches on the board jump.

Meinerz, who suffered a broken bone in his hand during Senior Bowl practice, intends to bench press next month.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

EDGE Joseph Ossai

Height: 6'3 5/8″ (58th percentile)
Weight: 256 (44th)
Vertical: 41.5 (99th)
Broad jump: 131.5 (99th)
Bench: 19 reps (21st)
40-yard: 4.65 (80th)

Those numbers from Ossai are quite frankly absurd, and they match what we saw from him in his first full season at the edge position in 2020 (played off-ball in 2019). He won and notched a pass-rush grade of 80.5 this past season with the help of that burst. Ossai has a high-motor and the flexibility teams want on the edge, but can he handle NFL play strength? That’s the million-dollar question

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 19 2024