350 posts
  • 16 / 35
 by Horny Mcbae
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Offense letting loose on the sorry Orioles at Camden.

Gary Sanchez hits every ball so hard its crazy. He's hot right now. Gleybar feasting on the Orioles too. I am not gonna put too much stock into these games. This Orioles team is shockingly bad.

And today Boone puts out a disappointing lineup. Kinda punting the game when we have the chance to sweep. Lets see how it goes.

by PARAM
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:Offense letting loose on the sorry Orioles at Camden.

Gary Sanchez hits every ball so hard its crazy. He's hot right now. Gleybar feasting on the Orioles too. I am not gonna put too much stock into these games. This Orioles team is shockingly bad.

And today Boone puts out a disappointing lineup. Kinda punting the game when we have the chance to sweep. Lets see how it goes.

52 games into the season, almost 1/3rd of the season.
8-2 the last 10 games.
16-4 in the last 20.
2 games up on the Rays (1 in the loss column).
Six and a half on the Red Sox, 7 in the loss column.
3 games vs the Padres and then 4 at home vs the Sox.
A chance to put some distance between us and the rest.

2nd best record in MLB AND...….Judge has played 20 games; Stanton 2; Severino and Betances 0. That's impressive.

by PARAM
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:The Yankees are 27-8 in last 35. Best streak since 2009....

2-0 with Judge over that span. Speaking of injured players, Didi is going to Scranton after going 2 for 7 in 2 games. Judge said he could be swinging soon. Paxton and CC are almost back. Betances threw his first bullpen yesterday. Severino plans to start throwing soon. When Judge and Didi return Boone will have a lot of good choices.

LeMahieu, 1B, 2B, 3B
Torres, 2B, SS
Didi SS
Ushela 3B
Voit 1B
Frazier OF
Judge OF
Hicks OF
Gardner OF
Sanchez C

I imagine Maybin stays around until/when/if Stanton returns. I'd love to see Estrada stick around because having a 3rd SS on the team would be great, especially if he can hit and Estrada can hit. And Romine will be the 12th or 13th position player.

Pitching is fine. Get guys back and deciding who to keep up will be tough.

CC, Paxton, Happ, Tanaka and German starting
Chapman, Britton, Betances, Ottavino, Kahnle, Holder and Green make 12. Severino is going to push somebody down (Green, Holder) unless they keep 13 and move a position player (Maybin).

In any event, getting people back should make them better. Wow.

by dieterbrock
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I’m thinking that they will have to trade somebody while trying to pick up another starter. Just too many guys who need at bats.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Gotta credit Boone as well because we shit on him too. With so many injuries to important players he has still guided us to a great record. Credit where it's due.

Now we have Boston coming this weekend and then Toronto and Cleveland away. We'll see what this group can do against these teams.

by snackdaddy
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Still way early in the season. But could we have a classic Yankees/Dodgers World Series? Now that would be awesome. Two teams with tons of history and tradition. Both teams are currently hot. After losing 6 straight to go 8-8 back in April, the Dodgers are 28-10 since.

Both teams can hit the long ball better than anyone. Both teams have solid pitching. Both have stars like Judge/Stanton/Bellinger. I think the ratings for a series like that could be among the highest. Especially if they have the best records in their respective leagues. I could see them hyping it with highlights of series past. Reggie Jackson, Steve Garvey, Catfish Hunter, Fernando Valenzuela, Billy Martin, Tommy Lasorda. Some good story lines. I hope it happens.

by PARAM
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I could see them hyping it with highlights of series past. Reggie Jackson, Steve Garvey, Catfish Hunter, Fernando Valenzuela, Billy Martin, Tommy Lasorda. Some good story lines.

Brian Doyle

Reggie Smith, Lopes, Garvey, Welch
Munsen, Nettles, Piniella, Dent

by snackdaddy
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Brian Doyle

Reggie Smith, Lopes, Garvey, Welch
Munsen, Nettles, Piniella, Dent

That Dodger infield with Garvey, Lopes, Russell and Cey. I still have nightmares of Nettles robbing hits down the line. And who the heck is Bucky Dent?

• 16 / 35
350 posts Apr 18 2024