350 posts
  • 34 / 35
 by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Its bad enough they did it to one team. But both our teams were screwed on this. I still remember that wild game 5 in Houston in the 2017 World Series. To think the Dodgers scored 12 run and lost. That woulda given them a 3-2 lead going into game 6. A game they won.

People keep saying how many times the Dodgers choked. But its very likely if this one was on the up and up they would not have choked. Then again if it was all on the up and up the Dodgers woulda played the Yankees. Who knows what woulda happened in that one.

If its discovered the players wore a device to tell them what pitch was coming, there has to be some suspensions and awards vacated. Altuve said he has never worn an electric device to help him know what pitches were coming. But I noticed he never denied the other methods like the trash can banging and whistling. Its still a cheating method to know what pitches were coming.

Yeah, who knows what would have happened if they played straight up. As close as things were vs the Yankees and the Dodgers, was that enough edge to make the difference? Sounds feasible to me. I'm still all discombobulated how 3 managers were kicked to the curb and it certainly speaks to the ramifications for such a level of deceit. That's 10% of the league. And it does make me even more pissed we didn't get the World Series matchup that has always been a great one over the decades. Maybe karma is kind to us and we get that in 2020. Of course it won't be as rewarding for the Dodgers as the Yankees !!!! :D

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

God damn right. Cutter in on the wrists. Broken bat. Out. Man the GOAT dominated. I’m fortunate to have seen him pitch.

Eff the Trashstros. They have been such dicks and turns out they were cheating. What assholes. If Hinch never comes back to baseball it’ll be too soon. Astros got off light in my opinion. Those picks will hurt in a few years but other than that there is no punishment as far as I’m concerned. If you can’t punish the players (MLBPA issues or amnesty given for speaking up) then vacating the title should have been done. Minimum. That little turd Altuve should deliver that MVP to Judge personally. On bent knee. Red sux got off super light. Sure Cora was a good manager for them but they cheated and didn’t have anything done to them. Lmao at the Mets. Like wtf.

I have dodger fan friends. Real die hards. Man when it came out that the Astros screwed them. Honestly they were devastated for a couple of days. One said, what if I never get to win a WS in my life. They screwed me out of that experience.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:God damn right. Cutter in on the wrists. Broken bat. Out. Man the GOAT dominated. I’m fortunate to have seen him pitch.

Eff the Trashstros. They have been such dicks and turns out they were cheating. What assholes. If Hinch never comes back to baseball it’ll be too soon. Astros got off light in my opinion. Those picks will hurt in a few years but other than that there is no punishment as far as I’m concerned. If you can’t punish the players (MLBPA issues or amnesty given for speaking up) then vacating the title should have been done. Minimum. That little turd Altuve should deliver that MVP to Judge personally. On bent knee. Red sux got off super light. Sure Cora was a good manager for them but they cheated and didn’t have anything done to them. Lmao at the Mets. Like wtf.

I have dodger fan friends. Real die hards. Man when it came out that the Astros screwed them. Honestly they were devastated for a couple of days. One said, what if I never get to win a WS in my life. They screwed me out of that experience.

Judge got screwed. The Yankees got screwed....twice. The Dodgers got screwed. (Twice if Boston was using a similar system. Maybe there's more to the Dombrowski firing?) Cleveland got screwed. Oakland got screwed. There are a lot of players...and their teams....who definately got screwed by Houston, possibly a lot who got screwed by Boston. But more importantly, for folks outside of Houston and possible Boston, they got screwed the most.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

I watched a bit of the XFL and I am READY for baseball to be back.

You know who’s not ready. The big maple Paxton. Back surgery. Happ is number 4 starter now. Gulp.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:I watched a bit of the XFL and I am READY for baseball to be back.

You know who’s not ready. The big maple Paxton. Back surgery. Happ is number 4 starter now. Gulp.

Yeah, I read that. Who is going to be #5? They've been saying some good things about Clarke Schmidt.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:Yeah, I read that. Who is going to be #5? They've been saying some good things about Clarke Schmidt.

I’d think it’s Monty who has the biggest chance as he is the most proven. Mike King will audition with Schmidt and others. Chad green said today that he doesn’t see himself as being the opener this season. I know Garcia isn’t close although people fawn over him. If Monty can hold down the fort till German gets back we should be ok.

You read about all these changes to the playoffs that mlb is talking about. I kinda don’t like them.

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Blessing in disguise. We know Paxton can’t go a full season without missing a bunch of games. So at least it’s out of the way early. Yanks are solid 1-3, and with Happ at #4? Yeah, we’ll be fine.
Personally I’m hoping Mike King can put it together. He was on the rise big time until his elbow blew out (like everyone else in MLB)

by snackdaddy
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Judge got screwed. The Yankees got screwed....twice. The Dodgers got screwed. (Twice if Boston was using a similar system. Maybe there's more to the Dombrowski firing?) Cleveland got screwed. Oakland got screwed. There are a lot of players...and their teams....who definately got screwed by Houston, possibly a lot who got screwed by Boston. But more importantly, for folks outside of Houston and possible Boston, they got screwed the most.

Yeah, the Yankees and Dodgers got screwed the most. A title was in their reach and the cheating took it away. But there are other victims. What about a pitcher who was on the bubble? Still trying to make the team. Maybe in his late 20's and finally got a call up. Maybe his last shot at the majors. Only to come in the 7th inning facing a team who knew what pitch was coming. Gets hit. Then pulled. Then sent back to the minors. It was career altering for some.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 1 month ago
Pro Bowl

Severino injured too and it might be serious. Damn. Now Happ is 3rd starter and Monty and one of kids to take the other two spots. They gave King the first go in spring training he looked ok.

Maybe Chad as an opener again until we get Pax and German back. Sigh. Imagine if we hadn’t signed Cole.

• 34 / 35
350 posts Apr 16 2024