350 posts
  • 20 / 35
 by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Yankees are playing worse than last year. They're 50-28 and through 78 games in 2018 they were 52-26!!! :D

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

A new record...28 consecutive games with a homer. And during that run Judge has 1 and Stanton 1. I guess that's why they traded for Encarnacion (who homered tonight and has 2 for the Yankees in that 28 game span). :o

Tonight Boston won (still 8 games out, 9 in the loss column) and 1 game to go before the 2 game head up series in London. Tampa lost so they're going to bed 6 games behind NY, growing ever closer to Boston and further away from the Yankees.

Of course, like Snack said in the Dodger thread, there's a long way to go. Hell, still a dozen or so games to go before the break. Tampa has a dozen. NY and Boston 9 to play.

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Off to London. And the scum bag Yankees stick it to Frazier again.
Love the pinstripes, will root for them until I die. But Cashman better win it this year or get rid of him.
Encarnacion stinks, Stanton hurt again, Hicks can’t hit his way out of a paper bag and Gardner is about to take his annual summer/fall swoon.
So who do they call up? .200 hitter Tauchman, .100 hitter Higashioka and the guy who should have never been sent down in the first place in Estrada.
Meanwhile, Frazier is left in Palookaville.
Makes me sick.

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Off to London. And the scum bag Yankees stick it to Frazier again.
Love the pinstripes, will root for them until I die. But Cashman better win it this year or get rid of him.
Encarnacion stinks, Stanton hurt again, Hicks can’t hit his way out of a paper bag and Gardner is about to take his annual summer/fall swoon.
So who do they call up? .200 hitter Tauchman, .100 hitter Higashioka and the guy who should have never been sent down in the first place in Estrada.
Meanwhile, Frazier is left in Palookaville.
Makes me sick.

Does he have more options than Tauchman?
Cashman already said he won't deal Frazier for a 2 month rental.
That being said/asked, I don't see how ANY Yankee fan could be upset with the way they've done things, being 7 games up on TBay and 9 on Boston. The only thing I'm concerned with is when are they going to get that starter?

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

What's worse? Giving up 13 runs or scoring 13 and losing?

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:What's worse? Giving up 13 runs or scoring 13 and losing?

Scoring 13 and losing has gotta sting. Lol, you would think they were playing in Coors Field. Yankees sure put the Redsox in a tough spot. I know there's a lot of game left but 11 games is hard to make up. They have to hope the Yankees play close to .500 while they play close to .700. Odds are neither of those will happen. I think you guys forced them to look at the wild card realistically.

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:What’s worse? Letting the lowly Mets beat up your bullpen. The Sox doing it in London is one thing. But the Mets? Eek....

Could be worse. You could be the D-Backs. Up 4-3 in the bottom of the 9th with no one on base and two outs, they proceed to walk 5 straight and a walk off loss to the Dodgers. Now that has gotta sting. :shock2:

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:What’s worse? Letting the lowly Mets beat up your bullpen. The Sox doing it in London is one thing. But the Mets? Eek....

They "beat up" Ottavino. That's the problem with depending on the formula where a starter goes 5 or 6 handing the game over to the same 3 or 4 guys. They're not all always going to be "on". All it takes is one of them to be off on any particular night and the potential for blowing the game is there. Having said that, when they're all "on" 4 out of 5 nights, the formula works. Welcome to modern major league baseball. The Yankees have the best bullpen in MLB and will get better once Betances returns. No to mention I think you're selling the Mets lineup a little short.

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:They "beat up" Ottavino. That's the problem with depending on the formula where a starter goes 5 or 6 handing the game over to the same 3 or 4 guys. They're not all always going to be "on". All it takes is one of them to be off on any particular night and the potential for blowing the game is there. Having said that, when they're all "on" 4 out of 5 nights, the formula works. Welcome to modern major league baseball. The Yankees have the best bullpen in MLB and will get better once Betances returns. No to mention I think you're selling the Mets lineup a little short.

Tonight Ottavino was good. Kahnle was good. And Chapman blew the save with a 2 run lead. His third BS of the season but the Yankees are 3-0 in those games.

• 20 / 35
350 posts Apr 16 2024