350 posts
  • 14 / 35
 by Horny Mcbae
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:When Didi, Frazier, Hicks and Judge are healthy, who plays where? I know its good problems, but where are guys gonna play?

Rich people problems bitccchhhhhhh!!!!! :mrgreen2: :mrgreen2: :mrgreen2:

Some of these guys are gonna be juicy trade bait for teams offloading a starting pitcher.

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:When Didi, Frazier, Hicks and Judge are healthy, who plays where? I know its good problems, but where are guys gonna play?

Frazier is back. Hicks should be back soon. Say goodbye to Tauchman. Possibly Maybin.

What's amazing and should not be overlooked.....with Severino, Betances, Judge, Stanton, Hicks (that's the starting outfield some days), Didi, Andujar (back now), Sanchez (back now) for two weeks, Frazier (back now) for two weeks all on the IL, the Yankees are currently 21-14 (.600), the 5th best record in MLB.

I don't care where they play when they come back, when they come back it makes the Yankees a better team. Boone said Urshela is the third baseman but the real problem comes when Didi returns. The infield choices will be Voit, Torres, Didi, Ushela, Andujar and LeMahieu. The outfield choices Judge, Hicks, Frazier, Gardner and Stanton. Gotta carry 12 pitchers or trade somebody I guess.

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Andujar will strictly be DH the rest of the year, and wont see 3rd base unless there is some rash of injuries. I wouldn't be disappointed of Stanton didn't come back this year. Trading sounds good, but who are they going to trade? The injured guys don't have value, and the replacements? Wont get value for Urshela...
These rosters need to be 30

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Andujar will strictly be DH the rest of the year, and wont see 3rd base unless there is some rash of injuries. I wouldn't be disappointed of Stanton didn't come back this year. Trading sounds good, but who are they going to trade? The injured guys don't have value, and the replacements? Wont get value for Urshela...
These rosters need to be 30

I could see them trading Maybin for a shitload of international money. They seem to like Tauchman and Ford but if everybody is healthy, they don't get a sniff above AAA. I do like Estada….saw him play a lot at Trenton. Really hope they don't trade him.

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I could see them trading Maybin for a shitload of international money. They seem to like Tauchman and Ford but if everybody is healthy, they don't get a sniff above AAA. I do like Estada….saw him play a lot at Trenton. Really hope they don't trade him.

I think when Stanton is healthy, Andujar will go back to IL (Unless he's hitting like a mad man) and gets shut down for the season to get the surgery they know he needs
They just got Maybin for a bag of balls, and have no room for him. He was in AAA when they traded for him

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I think when Stanton is healthy, Andujar will go back to IL (Unless he's hitting like a mad man) and gets shut down for the season to get the surgery they know he needs

When the hell with that be? They wanted to get Andujar's bat back in the lineup but he is 5 for 32. He's missed 29 games. The Yanks went 17-12 without him.

Stanton has missed 35 games or all but 2. The Yanks are 21-14 without him.
Judge has missed 17 games. The Yanks are 12-5 without him.
Sanchez missed 11games. They went 8-3 without him.
Frazier missed 11 games. They went 7-4 without him.
Didi and Hicks haven't played a game all year
Betances and Severino haven't played a game all year.

I'm not saying they can win 100 without those guys but winning without them is better than going into the crapper. The Yankees are 22-15 and between them, Didi, Hicks, Stanton (8), Judge (73), Sanchez (85), Andujar (32) and Frazier (84) have a total of 282 at bats. That's an average of 40 throught the first 37 games!!! Add their best pitcher and second best reliever haven't thrown an inning and it's a bloody miracle!!!!

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:When the hell with that be? They wanted to get Andujar's bat back in the lineup but he is 5 for 32. He's missed 29 games. The Yanks went 17-12 without him.

Stanton has missed 35 games or all but 2. The Yanks are 21-14 without him.
Judge has missed 17 games. The Yanks are 12-5 without him.
Sanchez missed 11games. They went 8-3 without him.
Frazier missed 11 games. They went 7-4 without him.
Didi and Hicks haven't played a game all year
Betances and Severino haven't played a game all year.

I'm not saying they can win 100 without those guys but winning without them is better than going into the crapper. The Yankees are 22-15 and between them, Didi, Hicks, Stanton (8), Judge (73), Sanchez (85), Andujar (32) and Frazier (84) have a total of 282 at bats. That's an average of 40 throught the first 37 games!!! Add their best pitcher and second best reliever haven't thrown an inning and it's a bloody miracle!!!!

Stanton and Hicks will be back next week it seems. Judge is gonna be awhile
Urshela may very well be the every day 3rd baseman
They may be winning without them, but they did win 100 games with them last year...

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:They may be winning without them, but they did win 100 games with them last year...

Well now they only have to win 78 with them!!! 78-47 to be exact.

• 14 / 35
350 posts Apr 18 2024