14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by PARAM
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I was amazed when I read it's been 14 years since they've played a postseason series. It'll be just the 4th time they meet in a postseason series. On a tension/excitement/anticipation level this has to outshine the other 3 series though we'll have to see how they all play out to see if it played up to the hype.

I have some hopes for all the series.

First off, being a Yankee fan, there's nothing like a Boston-Yankee playoff series....unless you're talking about a Dodger/Yankee World Series.

I also like the stranger angles. Like the former Milwaukee Braves coming back to play the current Milwaukee Brewers in the NLCS. The Colorado Rockies playing the Dodgers....for the second time since the first 162 games were played. Cleveland/Boston with former Red Sox manager leading his team against the Sox.

Perhaps another Houston/Yankee ALCS?
A Cleveland/Yankees ALCS rematch of 1998?
Cleveland has lost to both Boston (2007) and the Yankees (1998) in the ALCS.
Cora and Boston vs. his 2017 club and reigning Champion Astros?

I guess the things I'm most hoping for is either a Dodger-Yankee world series or a Braves/Brewers NLCS. Oh and the Yankees making those 108 Red Sox wins totally irrelevant.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

@PARAM
Let’s go Yankees!!

by PARAM
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:@PARAM
Let’s go Yankees!!

The Sanchize broke out last night. Did you see that effing bomb? Of course you did!!! I like where they're sitting right now. Severino on Monday and Sabathia on Tuesday. Judge hot. Sanchez getting hot.

Price looked like Price v. the Yankees. Sale didn't impress me on Friday. Boston throws Porcello on Monday? And come back with ? on Tuesday. Their bullpen is weak, while the Yankees relievers have gone 10 strong, allowing 1 run, 6 hits, 4 walks with 7 K's.

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Yanks are the only road team to win a game so far. Yankees have a lot of power in that lineup. Best in the majors. Would be a lot of fun facing the Dodgers. I believe they're second most HR's. RedSox were the best team in the majors all year. But that doesn't matter when you get to the playoffs. Its a whole new season. Looks like its gonna be a good series.

Home teams were 7-1. I think someone's gonna get swept the next couple days. Not sure who but the odds are 1 out of the 3 road teams that are 2-0 wins one.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:The Sanchize broke out last night. Did you see that effing bomb? Of course you did!!! I like where they're sitting right now. Severino on Monday and Sabathia on Tuesday. Judge hot. Sanchez getting hot.

Price looked like Price v. the Yankees. Sale didn't impress me on Friday. Boston throws Porcello on Monday? And come back with ? on Tuesday. Their bullpen is weak, while the Yankees relievers have gone 10 strong, allowing 1 run, 6 hits, 4 walks with 7 K's.

I thought Sale looked hittable too
No reason for the Yankees to be over confident. Recipe is simple, get ahead early and get to the Sox pen ASAP

by snackdaddy
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't think anyone saw that coming last night. Yanks just gotta put that one behind them. When you lose like that it feels demoralizing but you gotta realize no matter what the score it was just one game. They've already shown the can win in Boston. They have their backs to the wall now.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Boone is just not a good manager, not yet at least. His management of the pitching staff is just awful.
Probably nothing he could have done to prevent last night but I couldn’t believe he left sevy in as long as he did and then he punted the game by putting in Lynn with bases loaded nobody out.

by PARAM
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I don't think anyone saw that coming last night. Yanks just gotta put that one behind them. When you lose like that it feels demoralizing but you gotta realize no matter what the score it was just one game. They've already shown the can win in Boston. They have their backs to the wall now.

I don't think there's any problem putting that behind them. Getting beat 16-1 ain't no worse than losing 2-1. In fact, getting beat 2-1 might be worse. What's that old saying????? Shoulda saved some of those runs for the next couple of nights. :D

dieterbrock wrote:His management of the pitching staff is just awful.

I think he's done a fine job, particularly managing the bullpen. Lynn? In his other appearance he was lights out. But I would have gone with Green. I believe he's been under used the second half of the season. Boone is doing fine. We'll see what happens tonight. Johnny Allstaff in the bullpen.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I think he's done a fine job, particularly managing the bullpen. Lynn? In his other appearance he was lights out. But I would have gone with Green. I believe he's been under used the second half of the season. Boone is doing fine. We'll see what happens tonight. Johnny Allstaff in the bullpen.

You’ve got to be kidding.
He’s been terrible with the pen.
Lynn was an awful move. He was “lights out” in his other outing because he came in to start an inning. He’s a ground ball pitcher and bases were loaded. Add in his 1.5 whip and he’s the wrong move.
Left sevy in way too long, even he admits it.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

I sure hope the Yankees can find a way to get rid of Stanton this off season

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 24 2024