2 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by PARAM
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

50 years ago? Man where the fook did all that time go? Just those names.....Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Killebrew, Frank Robinson, Carew, Yaz, Aparicio, Stargell, McCovey, Kaline, Reggie, Bonds, Bench, Amos Otis, Colbert, Santo, Vida Blue, Doc Ellis, Marichal, Fergie, Cuellar, Palmer, Lolich.....12 hits in the entire game....6 homers.

Here's a good article

Man, I remember it like it was yesterday. I had many heroes back then. And great memories that summer. Later, in August I spent 10 days in Albuquerque participating in the Babe Ruth League World Series. Playing against teams from St. Paul, Minnesota, Lompoc, Cali and Sarasota, FLA. We didn't win (Puerta Rico did) but what a time! Like the whole world was handed to a 14 year old kid. Baseball was the shit back then.

by snackdaddy
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Sports was a big part of my culture growing up. I played all 3 of the major sports in high school. But baseball was the one I was best at. When I was a kid I used to get these old Louisville Slugger bats from my friends dad who coached Babe Ruth. I used to go to the train tracks behind my house and pretend I was hitting in the majors. I tossed rocks and hit them all over the place. Practiced line drives and home runs. Chewed up quite a few of those wooden bats. That was when I was like 12 years old. Did that for several years. I think that is why I was a pretty good hitter in high school and beyond. It developed the hand eye coordination for swinging a bat. Coaches used to have me batting cleanup quite a few times.

• 1 / 1
2 posts Apr 16 2024