17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by aeneas1
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

an american icon that transcended baseball.

by PARAM
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Loved the comment about Kurt Bevacqua.

I never heard that before. That was absolutely priceless!!! Had me laughing my ass off.

Do you remember the video during the 1978 series when he went out to remove Sutton in the 6th after Brian Doyle got his 3rd hit of the game off Sutton to make it 4-2? I've been trying to find it on the net....he was walking out to the mound saying "Brian Babe Doyle" or something to that affect but it was a longer rant than that. Doyle hit .192 in 78 (10 for 52) with a .192 OB% and .192 Slg%. In the 78 Series subbing for the injured Willie Randolph he went 7 for 16 with a double, 6 for 9 in games 5 and 6.

by PARAM
3 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Here's a good one.

by Gareth
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:I never heard that before. That was absolutely priceless!!! Had me laughing my ass off.

Do you remember the video during the 1978 series when he went out to remove Sutton in the 6th after Brian Doyle got his 3rd hit of the game off Sutton to make it 4-2? I've been trying to find it on the net....he was walking out to the mound saying "Brian Babe Doyle" or something to that affect but it was a longer rant than that. Doyle hit .192 in 78 (10 for 52) with a .192 OB% and .192 Slg%. In the 78 Series subbing for the injured Willie Randolph he went 7 for 16 with a double, 6 for 9 in games 5 and 6.

I don’t recall the conversation with Sutton but there is a famous mound conversation during either that World Series or the prior one when Lasorda comes to the mound to take out dodger pitcher Doug Rau.

Rau was a lefty and he was arguing with Lasorda to leave him in because there was a lefty coming to bat. Lasorda said something like “the last three fucking lefties have gotten hits off of you… Fucking Jackson, fucking nettles .... and the other fucking guy!“

I guess he could not remember the third guy on the spot but it was hilarious.

by PARAM
3 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:I don’t recall the conversation with Sutton but there is a famous mound conversation during either that World Series or the prior one when Lasorda comes to the mound to take out dodger pitcher Doug Rau.

Rau was a lefty and he was arguing with Lasorda to leave him in because there was a lefty coming to bat. Lasorda said something like “the last three fucking lefties have gotten hits off of you… Fucking Jackson, fucking nettles .... and the other fucking guy!“

I guess he could not remember the third guy on the spot but it was hilarious.

Found the one you referenced. Funny shit.

I found the one I was talking about. It's at the 27 minute mark, "Who was that Pie Trainor, Lloyd Waner? Christ 7 hits between them". That video didn't have all of the audio. He kept asking "who was that? Who was that? Brian Babe Fucking Doyle?"

by snackdaddy
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I remember a story Vin Scully once said about what Lasorda told a pitcher he was taking out of the game. The pitcher said "Let me get pitch to this one guy. I got him out twice before". Then Lasorda said "Yeah, but both times were this inning". :lol2:

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 16 2024