2 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Granted, it was a lot closer than the score would indicate when the starters were in there but this shouldn't have been a contest at all considering each team's roster.

Betts didn't do much in his debut but he had a hit and got on base a couple of times. With his contract though, he's going to have to do quite a bit to seem worth it. Pollack is still a dead spot in the lineup. Glad to see Kike and Joc still around but I don't imaging that's going to last long term. Kike was the big bat of the day though. He'll have those types of games but he just can't keep it up long enough.

The story of the day though, was the empty stands. No human fans but lots of cardboard cutouts and fake crowd noise that surprisingly made watching it on tv less distracting than completely empty and stone silent would. I suppose there are some obvious jokes in there about Dodgers fans being fake but to me, it didn't fell all too strange watching as I normally do.

Also of note are the changes to this year. 60 day season? DH's for everybody? Relievers have to face 3 batters with some caveats?

Nice to have SOMETHING other than BLM or Covid to talk about but it wasn't exactly normal.

by snackdaddy
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The network's doing all it can to make it close to normal for the viewing audience. But its definitely different.

Dodgers take two out of three and have a day off today. Angels tomorrow. Strange schedule. I don't recall any team ever having a scheduled day off on a Sunday.

• 1 / 1
2 posts Apr 24 2024