6 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Please, let Yankee fans know his name. What a fooking moron. But DJ has the 2nd highest percentage of votes behind only Rivera.

In other news Larry Walker goes in too. From the vet committee (announced last month) Ted Simmons and Marvin Miller go in also.

In real good news Clemens and Bonds got 61% and 60.7%, respectively. Sorry guys.

Schilling came close with 70% .

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

The unanimous thing is just silly. Who cares. 1 putz wants his moment in the sun by being the guy who left him off.

Larry Walker in the HOF? Man.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:The unanimous thing is just silly. Who cares. 1 putz wants his moment in the sun by being the guy who left him off.

Larry Walker in the HOF? Man.

Yeah, there's only 1 guy who got in that way. But it's like once a team wins a Superbowl, that's not enough, they want another. :D I thought it would have been great for both of them to have been unanimous but at least they got 821 of 822 votes. The two most important pieces from that great Yankee team got 99.87% of the votes combined. Not too shabby.

But you're correct...1 putz looking for a moment in the sun.

Larry Walker? 6 of his 16 years he missed at least 20% of the season. And in 6 of the other 10, he didn't play 140 games. I think I heard he has the lowest number of hits for any HOF rightfielder (although he also played first base). Plus he played in Colorado, where everybody does better than anywhere else......except for DJ LeMahieu!!!!

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

There’s always one asshole.

It doesn’t matter if it’s 90% of the vote but matters when it was just one prick. Would have been cool to have 2 Yankees go unanimous. Very very cool. It’s ok, Gio Urshela will do it in 20 yrs or so.

by TomSlick
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

I believe Willie Mays was one vote short of unanimous and the reason given by the writer was that if he had made it unanimous then that would have been saying that Mays was the best player of all time.

Mariano Rivera is the only unanimous inductee into the HOF.

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:I believe Willie Mays was one vote short of unanimous and the reason given by the writer was that if he had made it unanimous then that would have been saying that Mays was the best player of all time.

If it were the same guys voting every year since the HOF was opened, I could understand that viewpoint. But how did he know his would be the only vote against Mays? No, IMO, it's crap. That's like the comparisons made between the players in the 30's to the players in the 50's to the 70's and so on.

"Well Babe Ruth never had to hit Justin Verlander's curveball."
"Well Justin Verlander never had to travel from city to city by train!!!"
"Yeah? Well today's athletes have so many luxuries the old timers didn't have"
"Yeah? Well the old timers didn't have the distractions of the media and cellphone camera's today's players have to put up with"

If there was 1 guy who didn't think Mays, or Mantle, or Aaron, or Seaver or Gibson deserved to be....or rather earned the right to be.....in the hall of fame, they need their voting rights stripped. Of course that's just my opinion but I'd think, with the use of common sense, it's probably the opinion of 99.9% of baseball fans.

I'm over it all. Rivera and Jeter are 1-2 in the percentage of votes received. That says more than any one asshole miss using his vote.

• 1 / 1
6 posts Apr 16 2024