816 posts
  • 74 / 82
 by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

There was a time when I thought game over if Jansen is the closer. Not anymore. I think its clear he should not be the guy. Maybe use him in the 6th or 7th inning. Problem is, who is the guy? No one could get it done. Urias was a good option but now he probably won't be available for late inning relief till game 7.

In my opinion, whoever wins tonight wins the series. Dodgers cannot win a bullpen game. Which is likely the plan for game 6. Kershaw has a chance to change the perception of his legacy. Or further cement his playoff failures. He's been good but he is definitely not the same Kershaw of a few years ago. Its going to take 100 percent concentration on every pitch to get it done. He no longer has the benefit of a mid/upper 90's fastball that allowed him to get away with a location mistake.

by aeneas1
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

what a friggin' ending....kinda reminded me of when the dickhead braves beat my buccos in game 7 of the 1992 nlcs, bream scored the winning run from 2nd on a shallow lf single, ex-pirate bream, hobbled no-knees bream - the bucs were up 2-0 headed into the bottom of the 9th, the braves made it 2-1, and then with 2 outs francisco who? cabrera poked a lazy single into left that scored 2 making it 2-3 sending the braves to the ws and my buccos home, still stings!!!!!!!

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:what a friggin' ending....kinda reminded me of when the dickhead braves beat my buccos in game 7 of the 1992 nlcs, bream scored the winning run from 2nd on a shallow lf single, ex-pirate bream, hobbled no-knees bream - the bucs were up 2-0 headed into the bottom of the 9th, the braves made it 2-1, and then with 2 outs francisco who? cabrera poked a lazy single into left that scored 2 making it 2-3 sending the braves to the ws and my buccos home, still stings!!!!!!!

I remember that. I thought the Pirates were the better team at the time. Stuff happens I guess. Dodgers bullpen was very good during the season. And pretty good the first two series. There was a chink in their armor a bit during the Braves series. Last night it seemed like Roberts could not find someone he could rely on.

If the Dodgers don't win tonight the series is probably gonna end in 6. Roberts plans to play the bullpen game again game 6. Which probably means a loss. He's saving Buehler for game 7. But they gotta win tonight to have a game 7.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I'm still reeling. That 9th inning was a disaster. A muff and error with 2 out and 2 strikes bottom of the 9th. :shock2:

Kershaw must put his playoff boogeyman in chains tonight.
The Dodgers had them but snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Muncy tagged out when pulled off the bag. ?

Yeah they're pitching is solid.

Buck and the announcing pitcher were really rooting for the sunRays last night. My daughter was annoyed.
Just wasn't the Dodgers night.

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12270  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

So they say Margot didn't come up off the bag at third, which is dead wrong and they call him safe. Then they call him out at home when he was safe? That oven mitt was all over the plate before the tag was made. I guess it all evens out.

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

An absolute bomb by Muncie!!!! 4-2. Kershaw better keep battling and go as long as he possibly can. A few more runs would help.

^^^Muncie 3 homers and 12 rbi with two outs this postseason. Can you say CLUTCH? Of course the Dodgers as a team have scored like 150 runs with two outs this postseason!!!

by PARAM
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

2 outs on 2 pitches in the 6th and Roberts takes Kershaw out? WTF? I hope it works out.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

May has been decent. If this goes 7 we might see a Kershaw sighting. Gotta win 5 first. Hope May smokes em.

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:So they say Margot didn't come up off the bag at third, which is dead wrong and they call him safe. Then they call him out at home when he was safe? That oven mitt was all over the plate before the tag was made. I guess it all evens out.

Actually, if you look at the angle where they show his mitt reaching for the plate, you can see the catcher's glove hitting the mitt before he tagged the body. The mitt was not quite to the plate. That is why the Rays didn't challenge that one. Margot was dumb for even attempting it. I don't know if he did it on his own or if he had his manager's blessing.

On the other he did come off the bag for a millisecond. I told my wife they won't reverse it because that play is too important for the Rays. And they did not reverse it.

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:May has been decent. If this goes 7 we might see a Kershaw sighting. Gotta win 5 first. Hope May smokes em.

May needed that confidence boost. He's got a ton of talent. Just needs to learn how to pitch instead of just throwing.

I imagine Gonsolin will be starting. Which means Roberts will play the bullpen game. Didn't work out last time. I would think Gonsolin won't be going past the 3rd inning. Even sooner if he gets in trouble. We might see May again for an inning or two.

If he uses Jansen it should be earlier. Maybe the 5th or 6th inning. Always keep guys warmed up too in case he struggles again. The thing is, if it looks like its getting out of hand he better not use Treinen or Graterol. He'll need them for game 7. Baez struggled last time. But he's been reliable most times. I'd just chalk it up to a bad game. I wouldn't avoid him over one bad outing.

• 74 / 82
816 posts Apr 29 2024