816 posts
  • 72 / 82
 by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

From what I'm seeing around the media world, that apology by owner Jim Crane failed miserably. More players around the league are starting to come out and say what they really think about the cheating. Retired pitcher Mike Bolsinger is suing them claiming their cheating ended his career. He says he was sent down to the minors because of a bad game against them and never made it back because of his age. The rebuilding Blue Jays favored younger players with more upside at the time than an established veteran.

Other lower level pitchers are saying the same thing. A bad game against them in 2017 changed the course of their careers. We'll never know the extent of that part of it. But damn, how hard is it to feel that maybe your career took a downturn because of one bad game to a team that cheated? Maybe someone on the bubble needed that game to stay on the roster. When you look at that part of the scandal, it really could have affected numerous careers.

I'm hearing pitchers say it was funny how they didn't change their swing with 2 strikes like you normally see. Yet, they went from worst strike out ratio the previous two years to the best in 2017. If they know what's coming they don't have to use a defensive swing. The more I hear about things the more it pisses me off. And the owner says it didn't impact the wins. That was one bullshit cop out if I ever heard one. I really hope the fans give em hell on the road this year. Especially in LA and New York.

by snackdaddy
3 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

A pretty special memory for Dodgers rookie Keibert Ruiz. Hits a home run in his first major league at bat. Without fans they were able to retrieve the ball for him. Whatever happens for the rest of his career, that ball will be something special the rest of his life. He can tell his grand kids that was the year a deadly pandemic caused the stadiums to be empty.

by Hacksaw
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

One of the positives from C-19. Not test results.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago

49 pitched in the 9th inning of game 2 NLDS, full count, bases loaded 1 run lead. What could go wrong?

Jansen and Kelly were making Barbes work. Watch out game 3.
Let's put the team that actually stayed in San Diego away game 3..

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:49 pitched in the 9th inning of game 2 NLDS, full count, bases loaded 1 run lead. What could go wrong?

Jansen and Kelly were making Barbes work. Watch out game 3.
Let's put the team that actually stayed in San Diego away game 3..

It was one of those nail biters at the end. Kelly scares me. Jansen isn't what he used to be. I'm thinking Treinen and Graterol should be the guys at the end. Belli saved the day with that catch.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:It was one of those nail biters at the end. Kelly scares me. Jansen isn't what he used to be. I'm thinking Treinen and Graterol should be the guys at the end. Belli saved the day with that catch.

Agreed all the way around.
Kelly did save the day barely. Jansen is done for now. The Dodgers bats are solid. Team is deep. They're due after 8 straight.

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Agreed all the way around.
Kelly did save the day barely. Jansen is done for now. The Dodgers bats are solid. Team is deep. They're due after 8 straight.

They shoulda had one in 2017. Astros cheating robbed them of that. And damaged Kershaw's legacy. It would be nice to see them beat the Astros in the WS. Now that they have to play straight up they should have the advantage.

by Hacksaw
3 years 6 months ago

snackdaddy wrote:They shoulda had one in 2017. Astros cheating robbed them of that. And damaged Kershaw's legacy. It would be nice to see them beat the Astros in the WS. Now that they have to play straight up they should have the advantage.

I will never forgive Houston for that and I hope the rest of the baseball world never forgets. Altuve and company should be ashamed yet they play on and their fans look the other away.

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Disappointing showing for the blue crew. Bats picked a bad time to go into a collective slump. About to fall behind in the series 0-2. I believe the odds of coming back from that are less than 20 percent. Braves pitchers have dominated Dodger hitters.

by snackdaddy
3 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Every year the so called experts say the Dodgers are the best team entering the season. Most these so called experts pick the Dodgers to win the world series when the playoffs are here. They get my hopes up thinking this is finally the year. When the inevitable "Dodgers are the team to beat" comes up next year, I'm approaching it with "I'll believe it when I see it".

Game 4 they had a golden opportunity to tie up the series. Braves ran a pitcher out there they were crossing their fingers he could give them 3 innings. Then he dominates them for 6 innings. And face it, Kershaw is not the pitcher he was a few years ago. If he gives you 5 decent innings you take it and pull him before the wheels come off.

• 72 / 82
816 posts Apr 19 2024