United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

game 3, 7 hours and counting, ha ha...

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:game 3, 7 hours and counting, ha ha...

I stayed up for the whole thing.
Well, had a couple bouts of instant rem sleep but was awake for the end...

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I stayed up for the whole thing.
Well, had a couple bouts of instant rem sleep but was awake for the end...

ha ha, i did too, for the entire 7.5 hour marathon, of course i'm on the west coast so it was no tang!

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Dang, it was well past my bedtime. I'm a guy who likes 7 or 8 hours of sleep. I'm usually in bed by 10:30 and up by 6:00. I stayed up for this one. Slept in till almost 8:30. Now I got headache from disrupting my sleep pattern. :lol2:

But it was worth it. It was fitting that Muncy got the game winner. He came oh so close a few innings earlier. I'm not sure who has the advantage after a marathon affair. I keep hearing the Dodgers do, but they used a lot of pitchers too.

Dodgers backs are still against the wall. They pretty much have to sweep LA to have a real chance. But who knows? They sure don't make things easy.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

God I hate Jackie Bradley Jr. I thought he only showed up against the Yankees....
Dude gets 10 hits per year and they all are big ones
I stayed up too.
Boston wins, series over.
Now there's life.
Dodgers have to roll tonight. Probably going to be Pomeranz and Rodriguez who Cora has been masterfully hiding... Put up a crooked number early and let us get to bed early and get back some of that sleep we lost last night

by aeneas1
5 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
Hall of Fame

bases loaded double in the bottom of the 9th, say good night alice...

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Blow a 4-0 lead in the 7th. Ugh.
Was going back and forth between the game and the Notre Dame game. Felt pretty comfortable up 4-0 that I didn’t check back in until Boston tied it up.

by snackdaddy
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hill was charged with 1 run in 6 1/3 innings. But the bullpen basically gave up all 9 runs in less than 3 innings. What can you say? They were bad. I hear fans around here saying Roberts is doing a bad job. But what can any manager do with that? No way Hill can throw a complete game and no one outta the bullpen could hold a lead.

A manager gets second guessed for decisions during a close game. But that one beyond anyone's control. Well, except for the guys pitching. They were pretty bad. Jansen included.

by dieterbrock
5 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Hill was charged with 1 run in 6 1/3 innings. But the bullpen basically gave up all 9 runs in less than 3 innings. What can you say? They were bad. I hear fans around here saying Roberts is doing a bad job. But what can any manager do with that? No way Hill can throw a complete game and no one outta the bullpen could hold a lead.

A manager gets second guessed for decisions during a close game. But that one beyond anyone's control. Well, except for the guys pitching. They were pretty bad. Jansen included.

Was ridiculous to pull Hill from that game. He was fresh and likely wasn’t pitching again in the series. Velocity was still decent, curve had bite.

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Interesting offseason for the Dodgers. They've been relatively quiet as far as big signings. Kelly is a nice addition. Pollock adds depth to the outfield. But other than shipping off Kemp, Puig and Wood, it looks like they're not making any major changes.

Their rotation depends on a few things. Can Kershaw get his velocity back? If not he becomes a lefty who can be solid but no longer dominant. Can Ryu stay healthy? He's pretty solid but has had trouble playing a full season. Hill always seems to have a couple short stints on the DL. Mainly due to blisters on his finger. Buehler can be the dominant one. But we'll have to see if hitters figure him out after seeing him more.

Overall, the Dodgers should be favored to win the west again. But they don't look like a World Series team at the moment. Then again, I thought they weren't World Series material last season so who knows?

Looks like they're back in the hunt for Bryce Harper. Who knows what happens with that. Overall they should be in the playoff mix barring any crazy injuries to multiple key players.

• 63 / 82
816 posts Apr 18 2024