11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

gotta love it when your mlb team jumps out to a great start, of course it's pretty hard to forget that it's a 162-game season, ha ha... 11% of the buccos games are in the books with 89% remaining, sure wish it was the other way around!

the bucs are currently in the three-way tie for the best record in mlb, and in first place of the nl central... that's the goods news, the bad news is they rank a lowly 24th in runs scored per game, and have managed their improbable start by boasting the 2nd lowest runs per game allowed average.

thing is, it's hard to imagine their starting rotation keeping it going for another 144 games... moreover they've only faced 1 team with a winning record so far, and their 0-2 against them... they've had the good fortune of playing the hapless reds and giants, they're 7-1 against them, which accounts for their current 6 games above .500 mark.

their run differential is +10, good for 10th best, but it pales when compared to the top teams - rays +43, mariners +34, dodgers +28, yankees +26, astros +21, etc..

but guess what? i'll take it!

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

ha ha, guess i jinxed my buccos, since my post they've gone 0-4 and have been outscored by an average of 2-7, sigh....

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, guess i jinxed my buccos, since my post they've gone 0-4 and have been outscored by an average of 2-7, sigh....

Yankees on field payroll right now is probably lower than any team. And yet they’ve won 6 in a row.
Funny how that works. I know the old cliche is chemistry only lasts until you face the next starting pitcher but there’s a lot to be said about the hunger in guys who want the big money as opposed to the guys already getting it

by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

When you play almost every day, things can change quickly in baseball. The old saying, you're gonna lose 50 and you're gonna win 50. Its what you do with the rest than counts.

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Lol, I remember when that was the Dodgers. Many times they would right the ship after a few weeks but they always seemed to stumble the first 10 or 15 games after the break. The good news for the Pirates is, the wild card spots are up for grabs. The current leader is only 6 games over 500. The current leader for the final spot is only 3 game over. All but the Marlins are within 5 games of the last spot.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

my buccos, 4-19 since the allstar break, mama mia, i wonder what the record is for the worst post allstar win/loss record? gotta believe my buccos are in the hunt!

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

bucs still shooting for what has to be a mlb record for worst post allstar break record, currently at 4-23...

• 1 / 2
11 posts Apr 18 2024