816 posts
  • 78 / 82
 by snackdaddy
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Good move by the Dodgers. I don't know if Bauer will be allowed to play this season. Turner was a good pickup too. Seager will be back soon but I don't know how long it will be for him to get back to his old self. Bellinger's been back over a month and still hasn't got going. Although I woulda like to see some bullpen help. Blowing those leads to the Giants last week was disappointing.

by faulkrram
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   269  
United States of America   Vermeil Country
Rookie

No doubt, greatest move I ever remember Friedman making at the deadline. He answered 2ofthe 3 HUGE weaknesses with Sherz and Turner. Still going to have problems at the closer....Roberts showed signs of Momentary intelligence when he pitched Kenley in the 8th the other night. Trienen and Kelli are both much more reliable to close...Kenley has problems against Top and heart of the order, Kelli and Trienen not so much.. What I'm looking forward to is the Dodgers having their full lineup against the Vagiants full line up next time around. Dodgers will score more runs and allow less....Just great moves by Friedman, he truly is going after another title full throttle...One more scenario no one is talking about"What if Bauer comes back mid September? That would be Filthy!!!!!!

by snackdaddy
2 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

faulkrram wrote:No doubt, greatest move I ever remember Friedman making at the deadline. He answered 2ofthe 3 HUGE weaknesses with Sherz and Turner. Still going to have problems at the closer....Roberts showed signs of Momentary intelligence when he pitched Kenley in the 8th the other night. Trienen and Kelli are both much more reliable to close...Kenley has problems against Top and heart of the order, Kelli and Trienen not so much.. What I'm looking forward to is the Dodgers having their full lineup against the Vagiants full line up next time around. Dodgers will score more runs and allow less....Just great moves by Friedman, he truly is going after another title full throttle...One more scenario no one is talking about"What if Bauer comes back mid September? That would be Filthy!!!!!!

Hey Faulk, good to see you posting here again.

If Bauer came back it would give them several aces for the playoffs. But from what I've been reading, I'm thinking he might be done as a Dodger. Rumor has it quite a few players don't want him back. If he didn't have this problem looming, would they have made the trade for Scherzer? I don't know.

But it was a great move nabbing two all stars. Scherzer and Buehler are true aces. Urias isn't too far from that. Kershaw is a solid number 4. And Gonsolin is pretty good too. Not to mention Price for middle relief should they need someone for a few innings.

For a while I thought Jansen might be returning to form. He was doing pretty well. Then blowing those saves against the Giants really hurt. He's still pretty decent but not the closer he used to be. I think maybe he should be the set up guy. He used to be pretty good with his control. A few years ago he averaged 1 or two walks per nine innings pitched. This year he's over 4 walks for every 9 inning. You don't want your closer creating a stressful save situation by walking batters. His WHIP is a lot higher than it used to be. Gotta think those walks are the main reason.

A combo of Treinen and Kelly as closers might be the best option. Kelly has a great fastball. But sometimes he has trouble finding the strike zone with it. Seems like he'll throw more breaking balls because of that. If Roberts prefers to have one guy established as his closer I would be looking at Treinen.

by faulkrram
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   269  
United States of America   Vermeil Country
Rookie

Good post Snack......After the ridiculous loss to the Angels last night, and the 275 mill payroll Popping up trying to hit Homers, this team is toast. Too many bad habits to change starting with Roberts. He has a man crush on Bellinger and Kenley. Both are hurting the team especially when he puts Belli in the clean up spot, and Kenley trying to close. Both have failed miserably and he won't sit Belli or send him down to get his swing right. He won't put Jansen in the 7th inning role and that's the main reason this team will fail. The extra inning failures are on Roberts, Bickford even deserves to be at the end innings instead of Gonsales and Kenley. Dodgers don't have a shut down lefty, they don't know how to sacrifice runners and score 1 run at a time,they rely on homers, won't change their swings. Just way too many bad habits to change. The Brewers and Giants are both contact hitting teams with great bull pens. Maybe after this years epic failure, and Jansen,Bellinger and Kershaw are all off the books they'll decide to finally get a real closer and more hitters like Trea Turner...

by snackdaddy
2 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

faulkrram wrote:Good post Snack......After the ridiculous loss to the Angels last night, and the 275 mill payroll Popping up trying to hit Homers, this team is toast. Too many bad habits to change starting with Roberts. He has a man crush on Bellinger and Kenley. Both are hurting the team especially when he puts Belli in the clean up spot, and Kenley trying to close. Both have failed miserably and he won't sit Belli or send him down to get his swing right. He won't put Jansen in the 7th inning role and that's the main reason this team will fail. The extra inning failures are on Roberts, Bickford even deserves to be at the end innings instead of Gonsales and Kenley. Dodgers don't have a shut down lefty, they don't know how to sacrifice runners and score 1 run at a time,they rely on homers, won't change their swings. Just way too many bad habits to change. The Brewers and Giants are both contact hitting teams with great bull pens. Maybe after this years epic failure, and Jansen,Bellinger and Kershaw are all off the books they'll decide to finally get a real closer and more hitters like Trea Turner...

Dodgers can't seem to win in extra innings. They're also near the bottom in one run wins. That is an indication of a weak bullpen. Those two blown saves against the Giants were killers. Jansen is definitely not the closer he used to be.

Scherzer might be a half year rental. But I believe they have Trea Turner under contract for next year. An insurance policy if they don't re-sign Seager?

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Who knows if this will change anything but this just in:

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer, in a new court filing, suggested the woman accusing him of sexual assault edited photos of herself following the incident to make her injuries appear worse than they were.

Bauer’s legal team also claimed that messages between the accuser and her counsel show she hoped Bauer would “offer me major cash then make me sign an nda” in a settlement, according to the court documents, which were obtained by TMZ.
https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/trevor-ba ... ry-photos/

Hey, it almost worked for Kay Faber up in Colorado with Kobe. Too bad for her, her panties had 2 different men's DNA in them and neither was Bryant's.

by snackdaddy
2 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Still don't know if Bauer is done as a Dodger. Word has it quite a few of his teammates don't want him back. The damage is done. There will be backlash no matter what happens with the case.

by Hacksaw
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

snackdaddy wrote:Still don't know if Bauer is done as a Dodger. Word has it quite a few of his teammates don't want him back. The damage is done. There will be backlash no matter what happens with the case.

Where did you hear that. Hate to see out staff so depleted. Chemistry is important though.

by snackdaddy
2 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Where did you hear that. Hate to see out staff so depleted. Chemistry is important though.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... er-report/

Two people with knowledge of Dodgers clubhouse dynamics, who are unauthorized to speak publicly about the situation, said that a majority of players do not want Bauer back under any circumstances.

https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-t ... 021/07/28/

• 78 / 82
816 posts Apr 17 2024