816 posts
  • 75 / 82
 by PARAM
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Actually, if you look at the angle where they show his mitt reaching for the plate, you can see the catcher's glove hitting the mitt before he tagged the body. The mitt was not quite to the plate. That is why the Rays didn't challenge that one. Margot was dumb for even attempting it. I don't know if he did it on his own or if he had his manager's blessing.

On the other he did come off the bag for a millisecond. I told my wife they won't reverse it because that play is too important for the Rays. And they did not reverse it.

Yeah, I saw that angle later. He was out at home. And he was out at third!! I was hoping they'd reverse it because the evidence was there if you put the two angles side by side. I also thought they'd let it ride because that's "not the spirit of the rule" and it is the World Series. On why he attempted the steal of home I thought it was a good play. Kershaw takes a long time in that overhead position and it would have taken a perfect throw from CK and an equally good play by the C. Both occurred.

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

snackdaddy wrote:May needed that confidence boost. He's got a ton of talent. Just needs to learn how to pitch instead of just throwing.

I imagine Gonsolin will be starting. Which means Roberts will play the bullpen game. Didn't work out last time. I would think Gonsolin won't be going past the 3rd inning. Even sooner if he gets in trouble. We might see May again for an inning or two.

If he uses Jansen it should be earlier. Maybe the 5th or 6th inning. Always keep guys warmed up too in case he struggles again. The thing is, if it looks like its getting out of hand he better not use Treinen or Graterol. He'll need them for game 7. Baez struggled last time. But he's been reliable most times. I'd just chalk it up to a bad game. I wouldn't avoid him over one bad outing.

Yeah colir me worried with the rook.

by PARAM
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Congrats to the Dodgers and Dodger fans!!! A truly historic franchise that has gone far too long without a title. An equally historic fanbase that deserves to finally celebrate another Chapionship.

Now lets talk strategy. A manager will always be second guessed when a move doesn't work out in a crucial game but taking Snell out deserves the question. I know what the analytics say but like Al Leiter said, sometimes you gotta trust your eyes. The Dodgers couldn't touch him tonight and the second he was removed, they were given new life. And they capitalized. So you can't take anything away from the Dodgers because even if Snell stayed in and won, Bueller would have brought the thing home anyway, IMHO

In the WTF area, Justin Turner removed in the 8th because of a positive Covid test. A fitting twist for a twisted year!!

Congrats again.

by snackdaddy
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Congrats to the Dodgers and Dodger fans!!! A truly historic franchise that has gone far too long without a title. An equally historic fanbase that deserves to finally celebrate another Chapionship.

Now lets talk strategy. A manager will always be second guessed when a move doesn't work out in a crucial game but taking Snell out deserves the question. I know what the analytics say but like Al Leiter said, sometimes you gotta trust your eyes. The Dodgers couldn't touch him tonight and the second he was removed, they were given new life. And they capitalized. So you can't take anything away from the Dodgers because even if Snell stayed in and won, Bueller would have brought the thing home anyway, IMHO

In the WTF area, Justin Turner removed in the 8th because of a positive Covid test. A fitting twist for a twisted year!!

Congrats again.

Oh, it was absolutely a dumb move by the manager. When he pulled Snell I was like "I don't know WTF he's thinking but I sure am glad Snell is out of there." He's gonna be second guessed all offseason by their fans. Snell didn't have a high pitch count either.

As far as Turner, that one was a head scratcher. Did someone from the testing department finally get the results in the 8th inning? Just chalk it up to a crazy year I guess.

And finally, DODGERS ARE WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!

:D :D 8-) 8-)

by PARAM
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Oh, it was absolutely a dumb move by the manager. When he pulled Snell I was like "I don't know WTF he's thinking but I sure am glad Snell is out of there." He's gonna be second guessed all offseason by their fans. Snell didn't have a high pitch count either.

As far as Turner, that one was a head scratcher. Did someone from the testing department finally get the results in the 8th inning? Just chalk it up to a crazy year I guess.

And finally, DODGERS ARE WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!

:D :D 8-) 8-)

Snell appeared to be pissed for sure. 73 pitches, 2 hits, 0 runs (until the reliever game up a double, a wild pitch and then a fielder's choice), 9 K's and no walks. He was good for at least another inning and two thirds. In the end, who knows?

by snackdaddy
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Snell's gonna get more chances at the Dodgers now that he's a Padre. That race looks to be a really good one. Both teams are ranked 1 and 2 in the latest rankings I saw. Yankees number 3. Could this be the year we finally see another Yankees/Dodgers World Series?

I thought the Dodgers would be considered favorites. All key players are back from a championship team and they added another ace. Not to mention David Price who opted out last season. At least a couple good quality starters are going to the bullpen. That is a nice problem to have. If I'm Roberts I'm looking hard at Urias being a closer. Jansen ain't what he used to be. Urias looked good in the post season as a reliever. Jansen might make a nice 8th inning setup guy.

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 weeks ago

snackdaddy wrote:Snell's gonna get more chances at the Dodgers now that he's a Padre. That race looks to be a really good one. Both teams are ranked 1 and 2 in the latest rankings I saw. Yankees number 3. Could this be the year we finally see another Yankees/Dodgers World Series?

I thought the Dodgers would be considered favorites. All key players are back from a championship team and they added another ace. Not to mention David Price who opted out last season. At least a couple good quality starters are going to the bullpen. That is a nice problem to have. If I'm Roberts I'm looking hard at Urias being a closer. Jansen ain't what he used to be. Urias looked good in the post season as a reliever. Jansen might make a nice 8th inning setup guy.

Agreed on Jansen. His Afib may have taken some of his focus. This team is stacked to repeat despite losing the opening game in CO.

by snackdaddy
3 years 5 days ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Agreed on Jansen. His Afib may have taken some of his focus. This team is stacked to repeat despite losing the opening game in CO.

8-1 since that game. Their starting rotation is stacked. Kershaw, Bauer, Urias, Buehler and May all look like aces. When Graterol and Kelly return their bullpen will be tough too.

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 days ago

snackdaddy wrote:8-1 since that game. Their starting rotation is stacked. Kershaw, Bauer, Urias, Buehler and May all look like aces. When Graterol and Kelly return their bullpen will be tough too.

And the rest of the team can play defense. Then there's the Dodger bats and base running is top notch.
I like their chances.

• 75 / 82
816 posts Apr 18 2024