4 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by PARAM
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

We're 5 days into an abbreviated MLB season and already 1 team has effected 3 other teams. The Orioles, suppose to play in Miami tonight, are going back to Baltimore. The Yankees / Phillies game has been cancelled because Philadelphia recently played Miami. That's 4 teams in a waiting pattern. What happens when another team ( or 2, or 3) have Covid issues? Is this the beginning of the end for MLB's 2020 season?

by snackdaddy
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Its really hard to have 100 percent compliance. 99 percent of the players and staff can do everything right. All it takes is that 1 percent to do something stupid and go somewhere they shouldn't. Football will have the same problem. Basketball is doing it right with the bubble. But its still not virus proof. Lou Williams went to a strip club for lunch when he was excused to attend a funeral.

by PARAM
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Its really hard to have 100 percent compliance. 99 percent of the players and staff can do everything right. All it takes is that 1 percent to do something stupid and go somewhere they shouldn't. Football will have the same problem. Basketball is doing it right with the bubble. But its still not virus proof. Lou Williams went to a strip club for lunch when he was excused to attend a funeral.

And so it goes in sports and in life. I don't see baseball finishing. A shame for us Yankee fans 8-) . I don't see football ever getting off the ground but those greedy owners might force it anyway. I think all team sports need to take a mulligan for 2020 and just concentrate on 2021. Hopefully this thing will be behind us by then.

by snackdaddy
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

So far it looks like MLB survived the first team outbreak. Marlins are playing again. No other major outbreaks. Maybe it will work?

• 1 / 1
4 posts Apr 18 2024