3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/new ... 480v0giq7q

Ja Morant takes shot at NBA bubble complainers: ‘I’m not a silver spoon guy’
Written By
Dan Bernstein

A little more than a year removed from bussing to Ohio Valley college basketball games, Ja Morant doesn’t feel attached to the glamorous NBA lifestyle.

The former Murray State guard said everything is cool with his living situation within the Orlando bubble where the remainder of his rookie season will play out. He also seemed to take a shot at those who have complained about the amenities of the location.

Morant told reporters: “My room is fine. The food is fine. I’m not a silver spoon guy, so I know how to live in the conditions. People complaining but I’m doing good.”

The day before Morant’s comments, Lakers guard Rajon Rondo drew ire for comparing what appeared to be a comfortable, spacious room in Orlando to a Motel 6.

Morant has the Grizzlies in the playoff picture due to his strong rookie play. He’s the overwhelming favorite to claim Rookie of the Year honors behind his 17.6 points, 6.9 assists and 3.5 rebounds per game.

He’s been fearless in speaking out against veterans who usually don’t get blowback from youngsters — before the trade deadline he joined Dillon Brooks in bidding a curt farewell to Andre Iguodala. His latest remarks, then, are just a continuation of his development into another gritty Memphis treasure.

“I’m a Ramen noodles guy,” Morant said, “so I’m used to this.”

• 1 / 1
1 post Apr 18 2024