350 posts
  • 33 / 35
 by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The Yankees spent huge jack but then whomever signed him was going to do that. An opt out after 5 years is fine. Cole, Severino, Tanaka, Paxton are a solid top 4.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Ok this is the best one. Lmao. Gleyber liked it too.

Ps; eff Hinch. That arrogant fcuk. Got his comeuppance. We lost to these 2 cheating teams in the playoffs. Who knows......

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

Man I feel like I've been under a rock!!!! Didn't realize Houston fired their GM AND AJ Hinch. Was really shocked to see Boston fired Cora too!!! Man that must have been some serious shit!!! Yankees cheated out of a World Series shot twice. Like CC said, vacate the Astros title.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Man I feel like I've been under a rock!!!! Didn't realize Houston fired their GM AND AJ Hinch. Was really shocked to see Boston fired Cora too!!! Man that must have been some serious shit!!! Yankees cheated out of a World Series shot twice. Like CC said, vacate the Astros title.

Looks like both our teams got screwed over. Remember that wild game 5 in Houston? Both teams score in double digits. Kershaw and Jensen both give up leads. Now I hear they were using buzzers to tell them which pitch is coming.

We were denied a classic Yankees/Dodgers World Series. Whatever players were involved I really think they should be punished too. Send a message to everyone else. Firing the manager and former players turned manager elsewhere ain't enough. And yes, make 2017 a vacated title. No one won it that year.

Everyone associated with that Astros team should be labeled "Known Cheater".

by dieterbrock
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

This Twitter buzz about Bregman and Altuve wearing buzzer may be legit. Damn, if proven that Altuve was wearing a buzzer when he hit that game winning HR?? Wow

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:We were denied a classic Yankees/Dodgers World Series. Whatever players were involved I really think they should be punished too. Send a message to everyone else. Firing the manager and former players turned manager elsewhere ain't enough. And yes, make 2017 a vacated title. No one won it that year.

I agree, if it is determined they wore "buzzers", a year suspension....minimum. And yes, their World Series title should be vacated. No trophy. No pennant displayed, unless they are required to put a wide black stripe through it. In fact, that would be perfect.

dieterbrock wrote:This Twitter buzz about Bregman and Altuve wearing buzzer may be legit. Damn, if proven that Altuve was wearing a buzzer when he hit that game winning HR?? Wow

It sucks. I can understand sign stealing from the bench or 2nd base and relaying it to the batter. That's gamesmanship. But a camera in centerfield and electronics on the body? That's taking it juuuuust a bit too far. I repect both Bregman and Altuve for their talents and desire but I can't stand either one of them. If either or both were suspended I would do back flips.....which would be very unhealthy at my age.

by snackdaddy
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I agree, if it is determined they wore "buzzers", a year suspension....minimum. And yes, their World Series title should be vacated. No trophy. No pennant displayed, unless they are required to put a wide black stripe through it. In fact, that would be perfect.

It sucks. I can understand sign stealing from the bench or 2nd base and relaying it to the batter. That's gamesmanship. But a camera in centerfield and electronics on the body? That's taking it juuuuust a bit too far. I repect both Bregman and Altuve for their talents and desire but I can't stand either one of them. If either or both were suspended I would do back flips.....which would be very unhealthy at my age.

Its bad enough they did it to one team. But both our teams were screwed on this. I still remember that wild game 5 in Houston in the 2017 World Series. To think the Dodgers scored 12 run and lost. That woulda given them a 3-2 lead going into game 6. A game they won.

People keep saying how many times the Dodgers choked. But its very likely if this one was on the up and up they would not have choked. Then again if it was all on the up and up the Dodgers woulda played the Yankees. Who knows what woulda happened in that one.

If its discovered the players wore a device to tell them what pitch was coming, there has to be some suspensions and awards vacated. Altuve said he has never worn an electric device to help him know what pitches were coming. But I noticed he never denied the other methods like the trash can banging and whistling. Its still a cheating method to know what pitches were coming.

• 33 / 35
350 posts Apr 15 2024