13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by JackPMiller
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Even though this will be the Toronto Raptors first NBA finals in history. History is going to hurt them. The last Canadian team to win a title was the Toronto Blue Jays in 1993, where they won back to back World Series. After that, there were 4 NHL teams that got to the NHL Finals during that period, Vancouver Canucks(1994 & 2011), Edmonton Oilers(2006), and Ottawa Senators(2007), all lost. The Warriors are in their 5th NBA title in five years, but I do expect the Raptors to pull of a couple of wins, so I say Warrior in 6.

by JackPMiller
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:Even though this will be the Toronto Raptors first NBA finals in history. History is going to hurt them. The last Canadian team to win a title was the Toronto Blue Jays in 1993, where they won back to back World Series. After that, there were 5 NHL teams that got to the NHL Finals during that period, Vancouver Canucks(1994 & 2011), Calgary Flames(2004), Edmonton Oilers(2006), and Ottawa Senators(2007), all lost. The Warriors are in their 5th NBA title in five years, but I do expect the Raptors to pull of a couple of wins, so I say Warrior in 6.

by snackdaddy
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

This series the Warriors do not have home court advantage. But I still don't see the Raptors dethroning them. Durant will be out game 1 for sure. He didn't play the last couple games against Portland. Didn't seem to be a problem. Unless there's more to Toronto than I know, I can't see them winning the series. Though I will admit I didn't follow them at all during the regular season.

The Warriors have that been there done that thing going for them. In basketball, that is huge. I can remember the Lakers championship teams looking like maybe someone could beat beat them but the experience factor was the difference. Still, I'll be rooting for the Raptors to pull off the upset.

by dieterbrock
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

History has nothing to do with it. Kawhi Leonard is playing great but he cant carry the team past the Warriors, they are just too deep.

by ramsrams
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

A little local colour.

A bunch of towns across the country opened their own Jurassic Parks last night for the first time.

Mississauga ( just west of Toronto) where I live had theirs.

Twenty thousand people showed up.

Game One for the good guys.

by NST4
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   68  
Practice Squad

Raptors can still win this series. They need to win tomorrow night though while the Warriors are still healing.

by ramsrams
4 years 10 months ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

One more, please.

by ramsrams
4 years 10 months ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Oh, and this is funny.

Had my Rams bro Canuck up here for the last couple of games. He’s not a big BB fan. I told him “ you vill vatch dees games, und, you vill like it”.

Strangest thing, there is a player on the Raps, Serge Ibaka, who had done nothing of consequence in this series to date. Canuck quickly annointed him Chewbacca, and since that moment, he has played lights out.

I dunno, man, some things are just weird.

Oh, and I would like to welcome the newest Canadian, Fred VanVleet. Now that he is missing a tooth, he is officially one of us.

by ramsrams
4 years 10 months ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Man, two points away.

by dieterbrock
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Sad to see what happened to Durant.
Looked like Toronto was going to walk away with it up 6. Raptors will still win, was like the lightbulb that gets bright right before it blows out

• 1 / 2
13 posts Apr 15 2024