13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AltiTude Ram
3 months ago
 Total posts:   1145  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

This was a concern of mine in the Saints game.

To be fair, I've worked in communications my whole life

You test upfront, before and again to make sure the equipment works.

It was a problem in the Saints game and the crowd noise didn't help. Goff switched helmets and later taped his ear holes.

I'm not sure if they use radio frequency or didn't have the WI-FI password but the equipment not working was a red flag.

It makes me wonder about technical issues not up to standards or possibly interference from an outside source.

The Superbowl is the biggest stage and the least of the Rams worries should be about equipment.

Oh and huge props for the Rams overcoming all of those distractions early. Goff kept it together despite all the noise. 8-)

by AvengerRam
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2307  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

Well, good news is that crowd noise should not be a factor in Atlanta.

by /zn/
3 months ago
 Total posts:   4073  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

AltiTude Ram wrote:This was a concern of mine in the Saints game.

To be fair, I've worked in communications my whole life

You test upfront, before and again to make sure the equipment works.

It was a problem in the Saints game and the crowd noise didn't help. Goff switched helmets and later taped his ear holes.

I'm not sure if they use radio frequency or didn't have the WI-FI password but the equipment not working was a red flag.

It makes me wonder about technical issues not up to standards or possibly interference from an outside source.

The Superbowl is the biggest stage and the least of the Rams worries should be about equipment.

Oh and huge props for the Rams overcoming all of those distractions early. Goff kept it together despite all the noise. 8-)

It was a malfunctioning speaker.

They replaced it .

Gary [email protected]
Goff said his helmet speaker went out first two series.

by AltiTude Ram
3 months ago
 Total posts:   1145  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Thanks for summing that up. I can sleep much better.

Again, test and double test the equipment.

There's absolutely no reason something doesn't work in a game of this magnitude.

Throw in the crowd noise and it magnifies the problem.

Nice job by Goff to overcome all of it!

I'm just hoping the Rams bought some cheap equipment or didn't test it thoroughly prior to the game.

Oh and they don't let that happen again!

by St. Loser Fan
2 months ago
 Total posts:   2993  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I wonder if this is the blowback?

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1114  
Pro Bowl

Hopefully the new equipment manager will provide radios that the cheatriots can't listen to and will also come up with some sort of netting that can be worn over the coaches ball caps to hinder lip readers.

by rams74
2 months ago
 Total posts:   632  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Veteran

I think they should put a heads-up display in the quarterback's helmet. That way he's not so dependent on ability to hear the play-caller in his ear from a helmet speaker in a loud environment. He could read the play-call and not have any doubts. Encrypted transmissions would not be readable by any cheating Patriots attempting to intercept the transmission.

This will never happen, but the technological possibilities are endless with a heads-up display.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 months ago
 Total posts:   1114  
Pro Bowl

I'm thinking the next time the cheatriots play us we go morse code. They won't expect it and hardly anyone knows it anymore.

by Hacksaw
2 months ago
 Total posts:   14999  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:I'm thinking the next time the cheatriots play us we go morse code.

Hammarubi's code might work too...

by rams74
2 months ago
 Total posts:   632  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Veteran

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:I'm thinking the next time the cheatriots play us we go morse code. They won't expect it and hardly anyone knows it anymore.

--- -- .- .... .-

• 1 / 2
13 posts May 22 2019