273 posts
  • 1 / 28
 by RedAlice
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Super Bowl LII: Los Angeles Rams v Patriots on Sunday, February 3rd at 3:30pm PST.

Rams did it!!!!!

After watching the Rams training camp in Oxnard, hoping and wishing ... to our collective euphoria on the day of the vote, when our Rams came home ... to the first round pick of Goff ... to supporting our team together as they lost so much but we were so happy they were home .... to getting our new coach McVay ... to THIS!!!!

All of us on RFU have been through it together. 🥂💕🥂

It’s 18 years later now. After beating the Rams, the Pats have gone on to dominate. Now a younger Rams team just beginning will face them ...

Now the youngest coach to ever be in the SB goes head to head with a coach who has been there 11? times and won 5.

One of the NFLs youngest QBs goes up against the oldest and most proven.

The best player in the NFL, #99 takes on his biggest challenge. He can do it!

The current record: Pats 1, Rams 0
It’s time to even that up.

Welcome to our first Super Bowl with McVay. There will be more.

Go Rams!!!!!

——
NFL Betting line: Rams 2.5 underdogs w a 57.5 U/O.
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_lines.shtml

Injuries: updated in thread.

TV Map: STL and Louisiana mad.

Go Rams!!!!

——

Opposing team fan forums.

I have not interacted w Pats fans online before. They are so far nice and knowledgeable.

Read and venture as you please.

I’ll edit to add.

by Hacksaw
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS: PATRIOTS PRE SUPERBOWL EDITION;
Don’t they suck against the run?

Brady carried that team in the 4th/OT
Most clutch athlete in sports history

3rd. year in a row!!
The superbowl is like a divisional for us....LOL

We got this.
Bill has 2 weeks to figure out McVay.

That may have been the goatiest goat drive of the goat's career.

Time to make those ex-Rams cry on TV again

Edelman the most clutch WR in NFL history.

As a Patriots fan, I would rather face goff than brees

Pats vs LA Rams and Roger Goondell.

the Saints got screwed, but I like it this way..........any time Dickerson or Faulk or Warner cry about the cheating that never happened, just say 'f*ck you, the Rams don't even belong in the game'

With each year, Brees becomes more like Peyton Manning and Sean Payton becomes more like John Harbaugh. They lost on an egregiously bad call but honestly? **** em. Good teams win despite bad calls.

I love it. I would love nothing more than to shut up Eric Dickerson for eternity.

Saints are boring, and their all black look is terrible. Rams already announced they are wearing their beautiful throwbacks. Aaron Donald scares the s**t out of me though.

Yeah, Payton's words/actions after the game seemed really uncharacteristic of what I'm used to seeing from him. I have lost quite a bit of respect for the man and anyone in the organisation who are with him on it. Like the late, great Vince Lombardi once said:
"The winner has a program. The loser has excuses."

The rams DONT deserve to be In the Super Bowl, which means, if we lose in two weeks, I’ll be so much more pissed than losing to the saints or a team that at least deserved to be there

Brady is clearly slowing down. Took him 5 quarters to get the win. He used to do it in 4

Goff can really slice teams apart when comfortable. Gotta get him off his game. He can really drop a dime in there deep down the field in a tight window

Sony, White, Devlin, Burkhead and Paterson.
The Pats have the firepower to pound the Rams into oblivion.

Is there even anyone in the rams organization from that super bowl in 2002??

Someone please convince me that the Pats matchup better against the Rams than the Saints because I’m trying to get the worry that the league ended up ****ing us by screwing the Saints out of a win out of my head. The Rams meanwhile feel a lot tougher.

It’ll be harder to score because they have a better defense. They got that douche Talib and Suh and Aaron Donald

Actually everyone is acknowledging the Saints got screwed so it won't look good for the NFL if the Rams win the SB.

Hopefully the Pats get the calls. Won’t be a good look if the Rams Win now

In all honesty after reflecting on this win, I'd rather have faced New Orleans. The Rams defense has shutdown the Saints and Cowboy running game and has as deep a secondary as we have. They have a disruptive monster in Aaron Donald who can pressure up the middle, that douchebag Suh, Ebukam, and Brockers. Strong O-line and a plethora of weapons, 2 solid TE's, Gurley, Anderson, and old friend Brandin Cooks.

Good grief. The Rams have Donald, Suh, Fowler AND Brockers at DT? That's insane. Michel and James White are going to need to have a huge games to keep those guys honest.

The rams have played a lot more zone since talib came back. I hope that’s not there plan in 2 weeks. Good luck
Edit: wait I actually hope that is there plan

The Rams are, talent-wise, very strong on the interior DL and at CB. They are weak at LB.

I don't know too much about either defense but I do know that Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in football and can really change a game.

Wade Phillips’s defenses have already beaten us in the AFCCG twice. We really need to stop Donald, Suh, and Brockers.

On NFL Live- they reported that reid was upset the offside call was made and usually refs warn the coaches during the game if it happens.

They did that with SB36.. They were lining up and walking through them in the ball room of their hotel..

Please don’t use the words SB36 and Walkthrough in the same sentence.

I’d prefer the Saints pass rush then. We never get beat by pressure off the edge unless it’s Von Miller. It’s always up the middle.
Really pissed at the league for ducking the Saints. I wanted them because we matchup better even with Brees being a hall of famer.

Agree. LA has better CBs too

I feel this is a good matchup for us.
Their biggest weapon Gurley has been pedestrian we have been alot better stopping the run.
Belichick will know how to neutralize Cooks so then you have Robert Woods JC or Gilmore on Woods Jones to start the game on Cooks.
That means Reynolds needs to hurt us not overly concerned about that.
Goff is good but he's not Mahommes.
Their D is better than Kansas City and Wade Phillips has had success against Brady Donald can collapse the middle.
As long as we can keep the dogs off of Brady we should win this game.
We know Talib very well we know his strengths and weaknesses.
Peters is a gambler and can be beat as well as he is good for a few penalties.

TO BE CONTINUED ............................

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

I'm really just happy this thread even exists. That said, I'm feeling as comfortable with this matchup as I was for the NFCC. We got this.

by RedAlice
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

DirtyFacedKid wrote:I'm really just happy this thread even exists. That said, I'm feeling as comfortable with this matchup as I was for the NFCC. We got this.

I had a bit of awe and appreciation as I typed it.

🥂

by R4L
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Not to be dramatic guys, but i won't be watching. I can't. Let me explain.

In 2002 when the rams and pats were about to play all i heard all week was how the rams would squash them.

All my friends, co workers, the tv and Vegas had the rams winning easily. That worried me. Even Torry Holt said it was "all good" when he learned the rams were playing the pats.

I went to a party, which i never do to watch my team, at my father in law's. My wife at the time stayed home because she wasn't feeling well.

After Warner's pick 6 everyone was razzing me pretty bad so i decided to go home. Only to find my "sick" wife upstairs with the neighbor. She wasn't expecting me home until after the game.

I left immediately so i wouldn't end up in prison and drove around while listening to the game. After the rams tied it up i thought maybe one thing would go right on that dreadful day.

Then of course we know what happened. I go home to find all my rams memorabilia in the snow and my wife was gone. I felt like i was cursed.

It took me about 2 years to get over the whole scenario and it changed the way i watch football.

Needless to say, my hatred for the pats runs as deep as my love for the rams. Although the game had nothing to do with my cheating wife, everytime i see the pats on tv, i think of that day.

I cannot suffer through another soul crushing loss to those guys. This is why the rams must win. My love for the them and the NFL depends on it.

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 3 months ago
Veteran

R4L wrote:Not to be dramatic guys, but i won't be watching. I can't. Let me explain.

In 2002 when the rams and pats first played all i heard all week was how the rams would squash them.

All my friends, co workers, the tv and Vegas had the rams winning easily. That worried me. Even Torry Holt said it was "all good" when he learned the rams were playing the pats.

I went to a party, which i never do to watch my team, at my father in law's. My wife at the time stayed home because she wasn't feeling well.

After Warner's pick 6 everyone was razzing me so bad i decided to go home. Only to find my "sick" wife upstairs with the neighbor. She wasn't expecting me home until after the game.

I left immediately so i wouldn't end up in prison and drove around while listening to the game. After the rams tied it up i thought maybe one thing would go right on that dreadful day.

Then of course we know what happened. I go home to find all my rams memorabilia in the snow and my wife was gone. I felt like i was cursed.

It took me about 2 years to get over the whole scenario and it changed the way i watch football.

Needless to say, my hatred for the pats runs as deep as my love for the rams. Although the game had nothing to do with my cheating wife, everytime i see the pats on tv, i think of that day.

I cannot suffer through another soul crushing loss to those guys. This is why the rams must win. My love for the them and the NFL depends on it.

Holy shit, that's horrible! But, my dude, you owe it to yourself to watch this game. We lose? You're in no different a place. We win? You have closure. And GOOD closure.

Are you in L.A.? I'll totally watch the game with you, as I'll most likely be solo.

by R4L
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

DirtyFacedKid wrote:Holy shit, that's horrible! But, my dude, you owe it to yourself to watch this game. We lose? You're in no different a place. We win? You have closure. And GOOD closure.

Are you in L.A.? I'll totally watch the game with you, as I'll most likely be solo.

That's super nice of you bro and i'd take you up on it if i lived in Cali but i live in Dayton Ohio. :(

by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 3 months ago
Veteran

R4L wrote:That's super nice of you bro and i'd take you up on it if i lived in Cali but i live in Dayton Ohio. :(

Well then I revert back to my original statement that you owe yourself a watch of the game. The circumstances with your ex-wife and the past game have nothing to do with each other other than coincidence. Don't conflate the two. Two concurrent circumstances that seem related, but really are not.

• 1 / 28
273 posts Apr 26 2024