38 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by aeneas1
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

elliot harrison - nfl.com (previous week - cowboys)
sam farmer - l.a. times (previous week - rams)
pete prisco - cbs sports (previous week - cowboys)
nathan jahnke - pro football focus (previous week - rams)
sam monson - pro football focus (previous week - cowboys)
mike renner - pro football focus (previous week - rams)
chris simms - via bleacher report (previous week - rams)
adam lefkoe - via bleacher report (previous week -rams)
lorenzo reyes - usa today (previous week - rams)
kate hairopoulos - dallas morning news (previous week - rams)
adam stites - sb nation (previous week - rams)
charles mcdonald - sb nation (previous week - cowboys)
mark mravic - mmqb (previous week - rams)
andrew brandt - mmq (previous week - rams)
michael dunlap - fansided (previous week - rams)

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I hope Lombardi picked the Saints. He picked the Cowboys last week. His seal of approval is quite important. Lol

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock was afraid of the Cowboys last week and @Horny Mcbae reassured that the Rams would win.

Don't know if this is bad news, but.....

I see the Rams winning tomorrow, and big

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:dieterbrock was afraid of the Cowboys last week and @Horny Mcbae reassured that the Rams would win.

Don't know if this is bad news, but.....

I see the Rams winning tomorrow, and big

Ohhh that would be epic. I’m gonna put my faith in this reverse voodoo (no pun intended) you and I have going on. Esketit!!!

Btw Lombardi picked the Saints because of the home field.

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Horny Mcbae wrote:Ohhh that would be epic. I’m gonna put my faith in this reverse voodoo (no pun intended) you and I have going on. Esketit!!!

Btw Lombardi picked the Saints because of the home field.

I have been doggin the D all season long, and I truly believe tomorrow's game is gonna have the tone of, "so where has that dominant D been all year??"

by Horny Mcbae
5 years 2 months ago
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:I have been doggin the D all season long, and I truly believe tomorrow's game is gonna have the tone of, "so where has that dominant D been all year??"

It would be sad to see the whole season go by without this defense wiping the floor with a good offensive team. Why not tomorrow!!

Can’t wait for this game. Hype!!!

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I am with dieterbrock. My gut tells me Los Ramos will be ready THIS time to contain Michael Thomas....because we sure as hell were not prepared for him two month ago, eh! :?

IMHO, Ingram and Kamara can hurt us (especially Kamara) but they cannot kill us. Michael Thomas CAN kill us.

Hopefully Wade TheOldMan&TheD Phillips takes a page from Bill Bellicheck's book called "NFLPlayoffSuccessOverTheDecades" and finds a way to contain Michael Thomas and limit his effect on the outcome of the game.

Part of that key to limiting Thomas is stifling Drew VerticallyChallenged Brees. The Rams Front Seven need to really collapse the Saints pocket and make Brees uncomfortable enough to affect his efficiency....and if the football gods smile on us tomorrow.....maybe even adversely affect Brees' ball security performance. :idea2:

Historically Los Ramos have won only one NFC Championship Game on the road.....9-0 in Tampa Bay in 1979, propelling us to SB XIV.
In 1985, that Bears D was simply too much for John Robinson's Rams, as they dominated us 0-24 that frosty day in Chicago.
In 1989, the SF juggernaut buried us at Candlestick 3-30 and Jim Everett's phantom sack led to Chris Evert catcalls from mooks like Jim Rome.

In 1999, AT HOME...Dick Vermiel's charges eked by a very well matched-up Tampa Bay squad....and in 2001, Mike Martz ran Marshall Faulk relentlessly versus Philly to win 29-24.....BUT THOSE NFC CGms were AT HOME! :idea2:

….this is our third NFC Championship contest on the ROAD since 1985, and I say this:
whilst the New Orleans DO have weapons in Brees, Kamara and Thomas they ARE NOT the 1989 SF 49ers O-Machine that saw Joe Montana light up Fritz Shurmer's D to the tune of 26 of 30, 262 yds, 2 TDs, QBRating 125 :o , nor have Craig, Rathman & some guy named Terrance Flagler :roll2: gash us for 177 rushing yards!!! ie. I do not believe that Brees will complete 87% of his passes tomorrow and sport a 125 QB Rating...….

and without doing any stat research regarding our 1985 NFC Championship loss in Chicago.....can we just unanimously agree that the 2018 Saints D is NOT the 1985 Bear D????!!! :!2:

I am glad we played the Saints a coupla months ago in New Orleans. Takes out any "unknowns" for Rams players & coaching staff for tomorrow's contest.

ME: Tomorrow, our Rams will win their first road NFC Championship Game since 1979!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

by PARAM
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I'm feeling you all. The Rams are going to win and in a big way. I like Talib on Thomas and I like the article Plashke wrote that says the Rams "look like they know something we don't". The Saints haven't been the same team they were in the first 11-12 weeks of the season. And as far as Kamara is concerned, he's great but I heard somebody say "Kamara hasn't been the same guy since Jaylon Smith drilled him near the sideline in the Cowboy game." Who dat? No true dat.....

Kamara leading up to the Dallas game:

11 GP
Rushing: 147 att 706 yds 4.8 avg 11 TD 64.2 yds/G
Receiving: 57 rec 519 yds 9.1 avg 4 TD 47.2 yds/G

From the Dallas game on:

5 GP
Rushing: 60 att 248 yds 4.1 avg 3 TD 49.6 yds/G
Receiving: 28 rec 225 yds 8.0 avg 0 TD 45 yds/G

Talk about a Goff "slump"?

by ramsman34
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Don't sleep on the LBs = Littleton, Ebukam, and Fowler all were flying round last week, as was Barron. Me thinks the Rams D will be more than ready. And I think the O is going to run all over NOLA and strike deep often with play-action.

ITS ALMOST GUMBO TIME!!!!

by BullDog99
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   33  
Great Britain   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Dick84 wrote:Besides Talib... Suh has really stepped up.

And.. this could be huge.. Barron is back. Kamara ran through him last time. Won’t now.

I've been one of the harshest critics of Suh's play this season, because I knew what this guy is capable of doing and I was convinced he wasn't giving 100% every week. After watching him play in our first playoff game, I could be wrong here, but I'd swear blind that Suh has been sandbagging all season. Surprisingly, he looked like his old self again last week. And it couldn't of come at a better time of the year. The big question for me going into this game is can the performance of the Rams defense against the Cowboys carry over into the Saints game. I personally think its a real possibility. For this to happen, first and foremost, I feel like the onus will be on Suh to put in another dominant performance, as Suh stood out as probably the biggest component in our defensive upturn against Dallas. If Suh is firing on all cylinders I think the Rams have a great chance tomorrow. When you consider how badly the Rams defense played against the Saints last time around, yet the Rams were still able to tie the Saints with under five minutes to go. It most definitely gives me reason to believe we can win this game. The crowd noise will be an issue for the Rams offense, but I've not forgotten how well Jared Goff has played in his trips to the Superdome in his young career. So hand on heart, I honestly feel like the Rams have got a great chance to win this game as long as they don't make any silly mistakes, like last year against Atlanta in the playoffs.

• 1 / 4
38 posts Apr 16 2024