30 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

PARAM wrote:Can't wait to see how it plays out with CJ, both the rest of this postseason and after.

Kelly looked great in the preseason but then a lot of guys who go nowhere and do nothing in the real games have looked great in the preseason. IMO, Kelly can play. We'll see what they think of Kelly when Malcolm Brown gets into free agency. Will they chase him or let him walk?

I don't see it with Kelly. I'd prefer Brown over him. He looks like more of a third down back to me, but he isn't a great receiver.

Brown was good in the second half of games. He gave Gurley a rest and pounded teams with a physical style. But, his tight rope walk along the sidelines against the Saints displayed good agility.

Considering CJs age, I'd still like to keep Brown, but I think he could be a starter on some teams. I don't think Kelly could. If Gurley was injured and Kelly replaced him, the running game would be worse than if Brown replaced him.

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elmgrovegnome wrote:I don't see it with Kelly. I'd prefer Brown over him. He looks like more of a third down back to me, but he isn't a great receiver.

Brown was good in the second half of games. He gave Gurley a rest and pounded teams with a physical style. But, his tight rope walk along the sidelines against the Saints displayed good agility.

Considering CJs age, I'd still like to keep Brown, but I think he could be a starter on some teams. I don't think Kelly could. If Gurley was injured and Kelly replaced him, the running game would be worse than if Brown replaced him.

Brown is 25, CJ is 27
I’d prefer CJ but doubt Rams can afford him.
I think Brown comes back on a cheap 1 year deal

by Neil039
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

Man did I ever mess up the title to this thread. I posted about Kareem (Mike’s Brother) Hunt and it turned into a CJ ( no relation to Mr.) Anderson thread...sorry everyone.

Anderson won’t be a Rams next season as he will cash in on his late season success (good for him) and second Super Bowl Ring! Kareem will be a Bear after serving his mandatory suspension for being a real F***ing Idiot!

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:Brown is 25, CJ is 27
I’d prefer CJ but doubt Rams can afford him.
I think Brown comes back on a cheap 1 year deal

Yeah I was wrong about his age. But why did teams only see CJ as a backup? Will these last two weeks really change GMs minds into thinking he is a starter again? The Rams OLine has had a lot to do with it. Plus CJ came in with fresh legs. Physical runners can wear down over a season.

by PARAM
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Neil039 wrote:Kareem will be a Bear after serving his mandatory suspension for being a real F***ing Idiot!

Yeah, what's the penalty for smacking/punching/kicking a woman......on video....6 games? Is that what Ray Rice got? Zeke served 6 games last year right? (I think it may be less without the video)

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Prison mentality is in order. No place for crimes against women and children.
Call for NFL defenders to go 'prisoner' on Khunt after tackles.
Em'bear'ass that turd.

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elmgrovegnome wrote:Yeah I was wrong about his age. But why did teams only see CJ as a backup? Will these last two weeks really change GMs minds into thinking he is a starter again? The Rams OLine has had a lot to do with it. Plus CJ came in with fresh legs. Physical runners can wear down over a season.

Teams didn’t see him as a back up, Denver didn’t release him until mid April last year when FA was over.
If he was a FA in Feb/March he would have been signed elsewhere.
He could/should have waited before signing a deal. Made a bad decision on the Carolina gig.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Kareem Hunt grew up in Willoughby, OHIO....on Lake Erie, 10 Kms from Cleveland Heights. :idea2:

....so evidently, via this signing with the Brownies, the dishonored player is "goin' home."
BTW, his NCAA career was at Toledo, also on Lake Erie.

HEY...WAIT A MINUTE!!! Wasn't the incident with the assault at the W Hotel....in Cleveland (also on Lake Erie)???!!! :? :arrow2: :shock2:

In my best Leslie Nielsen's FRANK DREBIN OF POLICE SQUAD:
There must be something in that water!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by AvengerRam
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Kareem Hunt grew up in Willoughby, OHIO....on Lake Erie, 10 Kms from Cleveland Heights. :idea2:

....so evidently, via this signing with the Brownies, the dishonored player is "goin' home."
BTW, his NCAA career was at Toledo, also on Lake Erie.

HEY...WAIT A MINUTE!!! Wasn't the incident with the assault at the W Hotel....in Cleveland (also on Lake Erie)???!!! :? :arrow2: :shock2:

In my best Leslie Nielsen's FRANK DREBIN OF POLICE SQUAD:
There must be something in that water!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

Its all so eerie.

• 3 / 3
30 posts Apr 18 2024