30 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Elvis
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

We're talking about the demand for CJ but he was out of work as recently as a few weeks ago.

Also, what about John Kelly? Yeah we've been red shirting him this year but does that mean he has no future with the Rams?

by PARAM
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:We're talking about the demand for CJ but he was out of work as recently as a few weeks ago.

Also, what about John Kelly? Yeah we've been red shirting him this year but does that mean he has no future with the Rams?

Can't wait to see how it plays out with CJ, both the rest of this postseason and after.

Kelly looked great in the preseason but then a lot of guys who go nowhere and do nothing in the real games have looked great in the preseason. IMO, Kelly can play. We'll see what they think of Kelly when Malcolm Brown gets into free agency. Will they chase him or let him walk?

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:We're talking about the demand for CJ but he was out of work as recently as a few weeks ago.

He wasn't exactly "out of work", there is hardly any demand for FA in late November/December.

by Flash
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:Think of how long his and Gurley's careers could be extended splitting time!!! It ain't gonna happen though. The Rams aren't paying TG to split time. About the only split they're paying for is a 80/20 or better.

Will we get any compensation i.e. draft picks if someone else signs him?

by PARAM
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:Will we get any compensation i.e. draft picks if someone else signs him?

Good question. I have no idea if he has to be with the team for a certain amount of time or not.

by Hacksaw
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

K.Hunt. Say it fast.

by NST4
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   68  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Neil039 wrote:The Bears will of course need to healthy weigh the public relation ramifications to signing a player like Hunt, who if he is signed, is still on the Commissioner’s Exempt List and will likely served a suspension upon re-entering the league.

Yeah...he could miss as many as eight games.

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

PARAM wrote:I had hopes CJ would resign with the Rams but it's always about the money. He's not going to get Gurley money but he's going to get more than the Rams can afford to pay him. Just once I'd like to see a guy say, "they're giving me a fair salary considering I have a chance to win the SB every year".

He gained 1007 yards in 2017 for Denver, was released and got just 2 mil from Carolina (with incentives for another mil he obviously didn't receive). He ran 24 times for 104 yards. The Raiders signed him but didn't use him. The Rams signed him, used him and got him even more money for advancing in the postseason.

It's not like he's a perennial pro bowl running back. He was undrafted and gained 3051 yards over 5 seasons plus the 104 with Carolina and 299 with the Rams in season #6. He went to the Pro Bowl after the 2014 season because LeVeon Bell opted out.

How much can he possibly command?

Considering that he was cut twice and is 32, it's still possible. The Rams OLine has a lot to do with CJs success. On other teams with poor run blocking his first contact wouldn't be the defensive backs.

• 2 / 3
30 posts Apr 16 2024