211 posts
  • 20 / 22
 by DirtyFacedKid
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Flash wrote:Great catching up with Elvis, ramsfan63, Ms.63 and SWAdude before game!

Sorry I missed everyone. Ended up at a tailgate.

by dieterbrock
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Absolutely, and even better that we brought home the W. SWA is off IR and in game day shape...

Awesome stuff.

Hey, how was the crowd? Sure sounded loud.
With all the talk about it being 50% cowboys fans, I never really saw a good view of the crowd to see how many Dallas fans were there

by Elvis
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38609  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

dieterbrock wrote:Awesome stuff.

With all the talk about it being 50% cowboys fans, I never really saw a good view of the crowd to see how many Dallas fans were there

Big Cowboys turnout which i'd put at between 30% and 1/3 of the crowd. No way they were half or the majority but you know, 25k people can make a lot of noise, just not as much as the other 50k...

by BullDog99
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   33  
Great Britain   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

dieterbrock wrote:Slept like a rock last night.
NFC Championship game next.
Awesome

With me living over in the UK, those West coast games can finish as late as 6-30am UK time. With all the excitement of the win, I didn't manage to drop off until 12-30pm. The same thing happened last year when we beat the 49ers in week 3 or 4. That's when I knew this team had finally turned the corner.!! I really felt like their was a lot riding on that game last night, and if the Rams would of lost the game last night, it would have been a very difficult pill to swallow going into the offseason. I now feel like the pressure is off the Rams a little, and the team can go into New Orleans and play more loosely. Fingers crossed.!!

by Hacksaw
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Yeah, it's nice the Rams got over that hump. Broke the ice. Now it's on to the next level but they know they can do this.
Happy Whit finally got one.

by moklerman
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Yeah, it's nice the Rams got over that hump. Broke the ice. Now it's on to the next level but they know they can do this.
Happy Whit finally got one.
Glad they all got one. I think to some degree it was a monkey that had to be gotten off their back. They haven't looked loose in a while and getting off the playoff schnide may do the trick.

by aeneas1
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:Great catching up with Elvis, ramsfan63, Ms.63 and SWAdude before game!

honestly, each week we need a separate thread for attendees to post their game-day experience, so it's not buried onpage 20+ of some other thread, i love, love reading about the times rfu members had at the game!

by max
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   5583  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Glad they all got one. I think to some degree it was a monkey that had to be gotten off their back. They haven't looked loose in a while and getting off the playoff schnide may do the trick.

I think it was a HUGE monkey off McVay's back. I think he feels pressure more than Goff does.

Goff just strikes me as a hey, dude, Cali kid who chills out on just about everything. Don't get me wrong, I think Goff is competitive and can get excited but I don't think he feels anxious about anything, while McVay does.

McVay sees this next game as a huge challenge but I don't see him getting over tight about it. If he comes up with a winning formula, he's gonna be labelled the next the Bill Walsh.

by moklerman
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I think it was a HUGE monkey off McVay's back. I think he feels pressure more than Goff does.

Goff just strikes me as a hey, dude, Cali kid who chills out on just about everything. Don't get me wrong, I think Goff is competitive and can get excited but I don't think he feels anxious about anything, while McVay does.

McVay sees this next game as a huge challenge but I don't see him getting over tight about it. If he comes up with a winning formula, he's gonna be labelled the next the Bill Walsh.
Yeah, this isn't Peyton Manning level stuff we're talking about but it was a necessary speed bump to get past. If I had to guess, I'd say McVay was really disappointed about not advancing further last year and it was kind of lingering. That until they advanced in the playoffs the regular season stuff wasn't satisfying.

by 10:01
5 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   205  
United States of America   Yukon near Century
Rookie

dieterbrock wrote:Awesome stuff.

There were lots of Cowboys fans but they seemed really good natured, at least in our section and dodging the mud puddles on the South Lawn. One great moment before the game was when the Rams special teamers came out, were booed by the Cowboys fans and they were immediately drowned out by Rams cheers. That sort of set the tone. I haven’t been to a Rams home game before where everyone stood up, front row to top row, the whole time. It felt like the SEC. It was great.

• 20 / 22
211 posts Apr 29 2024