19 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Can't argue with this video. ^ Plaschke's take is pretty much how I felt hearing that possible news.

I'm still trying to figure out who benefits most from a vote delay as it pretty much wipes out LA 2016..

STL:
-Get's more time to check boxes.
-Allows Aldermen to have their votes. (could be good or bad depending on the outcome)
-Allows the state legislature to hammer their part out and/or kill the deal.
-Derails LA for 2016 allowing Carson to catch up giving StL a better chance.

Carson:
-Derails LA for 2016 allowing Carson to catch up giving StL a better chance.
-Take away the advantage ESK has by starting early
-Allows city / counsel squabbles to settle.
-Time for possible EIR reports could be generated, at least initial framework.

S.D.:
-Allows the local voting process and set up the EIR report
-Creates time for more clarity re: the Convadium possibility downtown.
-Time to see about potential suits after the Mayor certifies the EIR reports.

Oakland:
-More time for the city/county to come up with a local solution.

Feel free to add to my list as I'm sure there are scenarios I missed here.

At first and 2nd blush, the delay has nothing positive for Rams to LA regardless of how Rams return to LA makes the most sense except for StL. The NFL/owners are going to go against common sense to approve Carson, Iger or no Iger ?
I will have a completely different opinion (I already do) of the league if it approves Carson. (unless there is more info we don't know).

I believe I have become officially over it.
The NFL are a bunch of assholes. LA, STL, SD, Oak. don't deserve this crap.
Wake me when it's over...........................

GO RAMS

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I enjoyed Plaschke's video. He made some good points and a lot of the points you made are correct.

I think it's b.s. that they wouldn't be able to make a decision in Jan. However, even if they don't make a decision until Feb./March, I'm still very confident that they'll make a decision in time for the Rams to play in LA in 2016.

The only point that you made that I don't agree with is a delay until 2017 giving Carson time to catch up with Inglewood. Right now the Carson stadium is completely on hold. They aren't doing anything and won't do anything (no land remediation...The land remediation for the stadium would be different for a stadium than it would be for a shopping center) with that land for a stadium until/if they get approval to build a stadium.

by Stranger
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

I believe all of the decisions have already been made, and all of this is just public posturing. To what end, i can't say because quite frankly I haven't given it enough thought, nor will I invest the time to do so. I agree with Bill, let us know NFL when all of the games are over. Until then, I'm not paying attention.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

I agree with Bill but it's easier said then done. After hearing the vote might be in March I'm kind of bummed out.

That being said I don't think March is too late to set up shop. Will everything go as smoothly as planned? Idk but it's not a deal breaker.

Let's remember. The relocation window had always been from Jan 1 to March 15. There's a reason for that. I have theories but who knows with the NFL. History tells us it won't happen. There's a pattern with these delays.

Vote late Fall. Vote late December. Vote mid Spring. Vote next fall? Lol

by Stranger
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

If I'm ESK, I just move the team on my timetable. Let the NFL games-players play alone.

by moklerman
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Stranger wrote:If I'm ESK, I just move the team on my timetable. Let the NFL games-players play alone.
I agree. ESK's already delayed for a year and to what end? How many times can the NFL ask him to delay in an attempt to screw him? What's his benefit for playing along?

by The Ripper
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   494  
United States of America   Naples, FL
Starter

There is no delay since March is the normal time for a relocation vote to happen. The NFL just wanted to move the time frame to give the team or teams more time to market in LA but even if they moved in June there's plenty of time. The "buzz" will still be there and the excitement of a return of a team may actually be enhanced by a later relocation.

by BuiltRamTough
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

The Ripper wrote:There is no delay since March is the normal time for a relocation vote to happen. The NFL just wanted to move the time frame to give the team or teams more time to market in LA but even if they moved in June there's plenty of time. The "buzz" will still be there and the excitement of a return of a team may actually be enhanced by a later relocation.

Excellent post dude. I agree a million percent.

Also by lying to us about the vote date it helped push SD and STL to get a deal asap.

One can make case this is a conspiracy theory.

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Only one owner (Jet's, Woody) made this statement. Perhaps it was his turn to light off a smoke bomb.

• 1 / 2
19 posts Apr 15 2024