20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Elvis
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

SoCalRam78 wrote:kepp em coming, Elvis

Heading out for several hours so if anything interesting happens, post it.

This site works best when everyone contributes and brings their particular expertise/knowledge to the forum...

by bluecoconuts
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   273  
Ireland   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Elvis wrote:

This site works best when everyone contributes and brings their particular expertise/knowledge to the forum...

Perfect, whenever there's some space questions or gun questions, I'm your guy. Otherwise I'll just smile and nod. :lol:

by Elvis
8 years 5 months ago
Administrator

bluecoconuts wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Perfect, whenever there's some space questions or gun questions, I'm your guy. Otherwise I'll just smile and nod. :lol:

What happens when you fire a gun in space? (I'm gonna say nothing, gunpowder won't burn...)

by Stranger
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

Elvis wrote:
bluecoconuts wrote:
Elvis wrote:

What happens when you fire a gun in space? (I'm gonna say nothing, gunpowder won't burn...)

Well, we've figured out how to power a rocketship with liquid fuel while in space. So, why not a fire arm?

In any event, the bullet wouldn't stop or change direction, unless it hit something or was significantly impacted by the gravitational pull of another mass, like a planet.

by bluecoconuts
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   273  
Ireland   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Stranger wrote:
Elvis wrote:
bluecoconuts wrote:

Well, we've figured out how to power a rocketship with liquid fuel while in space. So, why not a fire arm?

In any event, the bullet wouldn't stop or change direction, unless it hit something or was significantly impacted by the gravitational pull of another mass, like a planet.

Guns can shoot in space, the gunpowder actually doesn't need oxygen (in the air) to burn because it contains it own oxidizer, so it'll still shoot.

Like you said, the bullets would fly forever unless it hit something or flew close enough to a massive object. Otherwise you could hit a planet in another galaxy as long as the angle and path was clear and correct. You would be pushed back (Newtons third law) with each shot, but not very much, that's about, other than you could put the bullet into orbit around something with a perfect shot.

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

StL = 8-)
It almost seems as if the NFL is giving these guys every chance. How can Dean Spanos be that popular?

by Stranger
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

when will this be over?

by Elvis
8 years 5 months ago
Administrator

bluecoconuts wrote:
Stranger wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Guns can shoot in space, the gunpowder actually doesn't need oxygen (in the air) to burn because it contains it own oxidizer, so it'll still shoot.

Like you said, the bullets would fly forever unless it hit something or flew close enough to a massive object. Otherwise you could hit a planet in another galaxy as long as the angle and path was clear and correct. You would be pushed back (Newtons third law) with each shot, but not very much, that's about, other than you could put the bullet into orbit around something with a perfect shot.

You are the go to guy on guns and space.

I should've realized gunpowder has it's own oxidizer since there aren't any air holes in bullets...

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Mayor Slay’s stadium financing plan needs five votes to get out of committee, and so far five of the eight aldermen are voicing doubts.

The man pushing for a new football stadium on the riverfront is Stadium Taskforce Co-Chair Dave Peacock. He made his pitch before the Ways and Means Aldermanic Committee. Peacock told KMOX it’s more than just a stadium.

“(The new stadium) is 30 acres of park. It’s a mile of trail. It’s redeveloping the riverfront,” Peacock says. “I think it’s improving our front door from bridge-to-bridge when you consider what’s being done at the Arch grounds.”

Peacock says he can’t tell what is going to happen yet, “I’ve never presented in front of the ways and means committee.”

The committee listened to hours of testimony from stadium backers saying the stadium will generate enough revenue to be workable, but Alderman Antonio French isn’t sold.

They are pretty generous with what they think is going to be additional revenue with this place,” French says. “With 55 to 60 percent over what it is currently making.”

Alderman Terry Kenned also not satisfied with the math of minority construction jobs.

“In my opinion it is a long way from getting out of the committee,” Kenned says. “There are lots of questions to be answered.”

Aldermanic President Lewis Reed could cast the tie-breaking vote, if needed, but he’s upset about an escape clause in the bill…that would let the mayor’s office change things after the fact to ensure the deal happens.

Reed says the escape clause was created “in poor taste.”

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/11/13/ ... committee/

• 2 / 2
20 posts Apr 19 2024