16 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by den-the-coach
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   870  
United States of America   Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Veteran

Brian Schottenheimer has been fortunate that not only does he have a recognizable surname, but also worked under the likes of Mike Martz and Norv Turner and is very affable and interviews well. When Schottenheimer was hired by Georgia and Head Coach Mark Richt I predicted the demise of Richt and the Bulldogs.

They sit at 7-3 though, but everyone knows they're not in the class of Alabama and IMO if you can't beat the bully in the SEC you're not much, hell, most of the time you have to beat Alabama twice to get rid of them. Anyway the Rams are better off without Schottenheimer as I wanted Fisher to hire Hue Jackson back then who he also interviewed.

Frank Cignetti has done some good things, but the Rams need a seasoned offensive coordinator under the defensive minded Jeff Fisher. Fisher has only hired somebody like that once (well, twice) in the late Mike Heimerdinger. My hope next year that Fisher realizes he needs an offensive coordinator that equals his defensive coordinator and I hope he hires Ken Whisenhunt, who, IMHO, would be an excellent match for Fisher and put in an offensive system that resembles a professional football team and give the Rams balance on both sides of the ball.

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

We have a den sighting. Agreed on the need for an OC.

by den-the-coach
8 years 5 months ago
Veteran

Hacksaw wrote:We have a den sighting.

Tough time of year at work with Budgets, evaluations and benefits, but no excuse!

by Stranger
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

den-the-coach wrote:Brian Schottenheimer has been fortunate that not only does he have a recognizable surname, but also worked under the likes of Mike Martz and Norv Turner and is very affable and interviews well. When Schottenheimer was hired by Georgia and Head Coach Mark Richt I predicted the demise of Richt and the Bulldogs.

They sit at 7-3 though, but everyone knows they're not in the class of Alabama and IMO if you can't beat the bully in the SEC you're not much, hell, most of the time you have to beat Alabama twice to get rid of them. Anyway the Rams are better off without Schottenheimer as I wanted Fisher to hire Hue Jackson back then who he also interviewed.

Frank Cignetti has done some good things, but the Rams need a seasoned offensive coordinator under the defensive minded Jeff Fisher. Fisher has only hired somebody like that once (well, twice) in the late Mike Heimerdinger. My hope next year that Fisher realizes he needs an offensive coordinator that equals his defensive coordinator and I hope he hires Ken Whisenhunt, who, IMHO, would be an excellent match for Fisher and put in an offensive system that resembles a professional football team and give the Rams balance on both sides of the ball.

I recall the voices for Hue Jackson, which would have been a fantastic choice. Maybe we should start holding prayer circles for a new OC. At this point, I'm ready to try anything.

by dieterbrock
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hell I'd even sign up for Norm Chow at this point.....

by den-the-coach
8 years 4 months ago
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:Hell I'd even sign up for Norm Chow at this point.....

Fisher tried that with the Titans with not much success. IMO I really feel that Whisnehunt would be an excellent match...Running the football number one, but does have somewhat of a history of putting together a solid passing attack albeit he had Kurt Warner at QB.

However, just like when Fisher realized the Rams needed a seasoned defensive coordinator, he moved quickly to hire Williams and he hand to mend the relationship because of what happened with Gregg's son Blake. Whisenhunt would be an excellent choices because his days of being a Head Coach are most likely gone and he has NFL experience coordinating good offenses in Pittsburgh (2004-2006) and San Diego in 2013. Now it would be tough to let Frank Cignetti go, but Fisher did fire first year defensive coordinator Tim Walton because somebody like Williams became available, IMO, Fisher needs to do this for the good of the offense and the betterment of his team overall.

• 2 / 2
16 posts Apr 16 2024