29 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by JackPMiller
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:I wanted to talk about it. I am someone that does think a little ahead. Yes, the Bears could get the 3rd seed in the playoffs, meaning if we if they stay at the 3rd seed, and we finish at the 1st seed,their is a slight chance they could upset the Saints in New Orleans. Which is why I said possible NFC Championship preview. Of course it would be payback from the 1985 NFC Title game, should we meet them in that game. If we get the 2nd seed, we could face them in the divisional round as well.

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Yeah the Bears loss to the Gints today is good for us.

We still have to beat them. I'm sold on them. They're a good team. We're on the road. It'll be night time and cold. Having said that, I think we can handle them. The defense played well today albeit vs the Lions. Still they are an NFL team and our defense might just be coming around at the right time.

by JackPMiller
5 years 4 months ago
Superstar

PARAM wrote:Yeah the Bears loss to the Gints today is good for us.

We still have to beat them. I'm sold on them. They're a good team. We're on the road. It'll be night time and cold. Having said that, I think we can handle them. The defense played well today albeit vs the Lions. Still they are an NFL team and our defense might just be coming around at the right time.

We need to play smart as well. We can't give up too many stupid penalties. Lamarus Joyner's PI call. Suh's roughing the passer call, followed by Littleton's PI call. Again, we need to play good defense, but also smart as well.

by RamsFanSince82
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:We need to play smart as well. We can't give up too many stupid penalties. Lamarus Joyner's PI call. Suh's roughing the passer call, followed by Littleton's PI call. Again, we need to play good defense, but also smart as well.

You worry a lot. Enjoy the divison clinching win.

by PARAM
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:We need to play smart as well. We can't give up too many stupid penalties. Lamarus Joyner's PI call. Suh's roughing the passer call, followed by Littleton's PI call. Again, we need to play good defense, but also smart as well.

I thought they played very smart. Those calls didn't hurt the team. We played defense like a group possessed, particularly Donald and Fowler. 3 sacks and 7 TFL between the two of them, plus a FF. I'm telling you these guys are heating up.

Also....not too much complaining about Marcus Peters lately.

Another one of those games when we won with good D and we needed to because the offense (particularly #16) was pretty inconsistent. And again, a big play when we needed it (Donald's strip sack).

by JackPMiller
5 years 4 months ago
Superstar

RamsFanSince82 wrote:You worry a lot. Enjoy the divison clinching win.

I have anxiety issues. Everyone knows it.

by aeneas1
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

leading up to the bears game i kept reading/hearing that trib could play today, but the bears were just keeping him out 1 more game as a precaution... that's striking me as nonsense, the bears need wins, sitting at 8-4 with future games against the rams and vikes isn't a position they have no prob being in imo, i think trib's injury is more serious than first reported...

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Don't forget the Bears still play on grass and on one of the worst reviewed fields in the NFL.

by HAL 9000
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:leading up to the bears game i kept reading/hearing that trib could play today, but the bears were just keeping him out 1 more game as a precaution... that's striking me as nonsense, the bears need wins, sitting at 8-4 with future games against the rams and vikes isn't a position they have no prob being in imo, i think trib's injury is more serious than first reported...

Could be but it also could be that the Bears underestimated the Giants and it has bit them in the ass hard. I expect Tribisky to be fully healthy and ready for Sunday night.

by HAL 9000
5 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1009  
United States of America   Jupiter
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:Don't forget the Bears still play on grass and on one of the worst reviewed fields in the NFL.

If you are saying that field conditions give the Bears the advantage remember the Rams play on a shittier field, second only to the Raydahs.

• 2 / 3
29 posts Apr 19 2024