10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

through 7 games the vikes have faced only 1 opponent with a winning record, the broncos, and lost - to date their opponents own a collective 18-36 record, and an 11-36 record if you throw their game against denver out of the mix... in fact outside of the broncos game their opponents currently boast the following records: 3-5, 2-5, 2-6, 2-6, 1-7 and 1-7. :shock:

moreover 6 of the 7 defenses the vikes have faced rank in the bottom half of the league in offensive points allowed, while 4 of the 7 defenses they've faced rank 23rd or worse - yet despite facing so many soft defenses the vikes rank just 23rd in offensive points scored per game and 28th in offensive tds scored per game.

conversely 5 of the 7 defenses the rams have faced rank in the top half of the league in offensive points allowed, including 3 top 10 defenses and two that rank 12th and 13th...

both the rams and vikes boast strong defenses, the rams rank 2nd in fewest offensive points allowed and 1st in fewest offensive tds allowed, the vikes rank 5th and 6th respectively. that said, neither defense has faced anything resembling a murderer's row of juggernaut offenses, 5 of 7 offenses both defenses have faced rank in the bottom half of the league in scoring while more than half rank in the 20s and worse. arguably tho, the rams defense has been put to the test more than the vikes.

so just how good are the 5-2 vikes? well you could just as easily ask just how good are the 4-3 rams? this sunday, hopefully better than the vikes.

by Stranger
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3213  
United States of America   Norcal
Superstar

very nice breakdown.... thx.

by Elvis
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38509  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hey man, where you been?

How good are the Vikes?

Well we're about to find out. But you're right, they really haven't beaten anyone. This game is a big test for them too...

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

3 points better than us,,,, and 2 losses better.

by snackdaddy
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9662  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Maybe we're the ones who were overrated. After all, the mini win streak was at home against two cellar dwellers. As soon as we go on the road against a winning team we lose.

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I'm less impressed with the Vikings now than I was before the game. Statistically, the Rams were better than the Vikings in many categories. I wish the Rams were able to play the Vikings at full strength, I'm very confident the Rams would've won if they were playing with the four starters that missed the game.

by moklerman
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

The Vikings are winning close games where the Rams are not. Seems pretty obvious that they're a notch above the Rams at this point.

Both teams could use better QB play. Not that the Vikings have anyone in reserve that's an upgrade over Bridgewater. But, I'm at the point with the Rams that I'm ready to see what Keenum could do. Foles is missing reads, missing throws and looks uncomfortable. And it isn't anything new.

by dieterbrock
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Fisher quit on the team

They should have played for the win and settled for the tie. And missed the chance
I see a game like this as a dam breaker. Unless they dramatically change the approach, I think Fisher loses the team.

If Im a defensive player, playing my ass off only to see the coach punt away, Id be sick of it

by moklerman
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Fisher quit on the team

They should have played for the win and settled for the tie. And missed the chance
I see a game like this as a dam breaker. Unless they dramatically change the approach, I think Fisher loses the team.

If Im a defensive player, playing my ass off only to see the coach punt away, Id be sick of it
Living on the razor's edge is no way to do things. 19.1 ppg scored and 18.2 ppg allowed.

Their pass attempts per game are ridiculously low too. 222 attempts in 8 games is dead last in the league(27/game). This offense has so many other issues but being one-dimensional doesn't have to be one of them. It's really hurt Foles from what I can tell. Fisher's infatuation with Gurley can be understood to some degree but abandoning the passing game and playing for field goals can not.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 25 2024