22 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by Ramsdude
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/22/nfl-los-angeles-rams-cooper-kupp-update-injury/

By: Andrew Ortenberg | 13 hours ago

The Los Angeles Rams have suffered a slew of injuries recently, but it sounds as if at least one key cog is on his way back soon. Receiver Cooper Kupp, who hurt his knee in the win over the Broncos, appears to be on the mend.

Sean McVay with an update on injured #LARams WR Cooper Kupp: "Making good progress."

"Hard to say" whether he plays this week.

— J.B. Long (@JB_Long) October 23, 2018

Coach Sean McVay declined to say whether or not Kupp would be able to return this week against the Green Bay Packers, but did say the second-year slot man is “making good progress.”

“Whether it’s this week or whether it’s another week, hard to say right now,” McVay said. “We’re just taking it a day at a time with him. Very positive, in terms of just the way that he is responding to some of the rehab. We’ll see whether that means he’s a go for this week or not.”

While there’s no guarantee Kupp is back for the game against the Packers, or even back for the next game against the Saints, it’s still a good sign. Kupp’s injury has been somewhat clouded in secrecy since it happened, and the team hasn’t been very forthright about it, so it’s good to get a positive update.

Without Kupp, Robert Woods has been seeing more snaps out of the slot while young guys like Josh Reynolds are helping to fill in outside. The Rams offense didn’t miss a beat without Kupp, dropping 39 points on the 49ers, but his return would still be a massive boost.

by AvengerRam
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I have to believe that, at 7-0, the team is likely to take a very conservative approach with an injury like this. If we had a playoff game this weekend, I'd bet that Kupp would be playing. While the Packers game is important, I'm not sure that its so key at this point that we need to risk prolonging Kupp's recovery.

That said, to quote Dennis Miller, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

He won't but the Packers cant be certain of that.

by actionjack
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3960  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I dont see us having a hard time moving the ball on the Packers, so give Kupp the time he needs. It would be nice to have him for the Saints game, but its on concrete so maybe wait until Seattle at home.

by ramsrams
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Know this offense is good, and we just dropped 39, but it ain’t the same without Kupp.

Don’t care if he misses games until December.

You get Kupp and Talib back, then we’re talking.

by max
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

According to VinnyB, Kupp is out for at least one more game, likely 2, not more than 3 total.

He said he banged up the knee pretty good and they won’t rush him back.

So no Kupp for Packers game. Probably no Kupp in N.O.

But expect Kupp back for Hawks in LA.

by R4L
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

max wrote:According to VinnyB, Kupp is out for at least one more game, likely 2, not more than 3 total.

He said he banged up the knee pretty good and they won’t rush him back.

So no Kupp for Packers game. Probably no Kupp in N.O.

But expect Kupp back for Hawks in LA.

Huh? :shock2: I said he was out at least 3 games on another board and you told me I post false information.

by max
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:Huh? :shock2: I said he was out at least 3 games on another board and you told me I post false information.

You said 3 to 6 weeks. No way it’s 6 weeks. That’s what I reacted to.

It’s no more than 3 weeks, according to VinnyB.

But, hey, I apologize anyway since I thought it would be one game. I was wrong about that.

by /zn/
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I dont see us having a hard time moving the ball on the Packers, so give Kupp the time he needs. It would be nice to have him for the Saints game, but its on concrete so maybe wait until Seattle at home.

Packers D is 8th in yards, 15th in points allowed, 5th in passing yards, 10th in yards per attempt, 19th in rushing yards, and 23rd in yards per carry allowed. Their D-coordinator has had several top 10 defenses as a coordinator (as opposed to as a head coach.)

They have 18 sacks (3rd) and a sack percentage of 8.9% (3rd). It’s a unit thing, not based on a star. 11 different Packers are credited with at least half a sack.

They can get sacks but you can run on them.

• 1 / 3
22 posts Apr 25 2024