• 1 / 2
 by JackPMiller
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2505 ... as-cowboys

Oakland Raiders to trade Amari Cooper to Dallas Cowboys

The Oakland Raiders will trade wide receiver Amari Cooper to the Dallas Cowboys, a source told ESPN’s Josina Anderson on Monday.

The Raiders will receive a first-round draft pick in exchange, a source told ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Oakland will now have three first-round picks in 2019 after also getting the Chicago Bears’ selection in last month’s Khalil Mack trade.

Cooper, 24, has just 22 catches for 280 yards and one touchdown in his first six games this season and is coming off a disappointing 2017 campaign, when he had 48 receptions for 680 yards and seven touchdowns in 14 games.

But Cooper, the fourth overall pick in the 2015 draft, was a Pro Bowler in each of his first two seasons with the Raiders, eclipsing 1,000 receiving yards both years.

Cooper is in the NFL’s concussion protocol after suffering the injury last week in Oakland’s loss to Seattle in London.

This is not the first time that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has dealt for a receiver before the league’s trade deadline. In 2008, Dallas traded first-, third-, sixth- and seventh-round picks to the Detroit Lions for wide receiver Roy Williams in a move that did not work out.

But the 3-4 Cowboys have been so lacking at wide receiver this season that they were willing to give up their top pick in next year’s draft to acquire Cooper. Dallas ranks 29th in the league with an average of 202.4 receiving yards per game.

by Hacksaw
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Now they just have to figure out what to do with the Dak part of the passing game.

2017 overall grade, rank: 72.2 (19th)

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

It's pretty clear the fans of Oakland will never see a winning game again.

And I guess this is some attempt to save Jason Garrett?

by Ramsdude
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

The Cowgirls can have him!! Way too pricey at $14 mil AND a #1 pick! He is not the same player he was 2 years ago. They overpaid for sure!

This was a smart move by Gruden!

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Ramsdude wrote:The Cowgirls can have him!! Way too pricey at $14 mil AND a #1 pick! He is not the same player he was 2 years ago. They overpaid for sure!

Couldn't happen to a nicer, better owner.

by BobCarl
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4306  
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:Oakland Raiders to trade Amari Cooper to Dallas Cowboys

I think Philly was offering a 2nd ... Cowboys win the bidding war. win/win/win for the Raiders and Cowboys and Amari.

I loved Coops, when healthy the guy can run routes almost as good as Isaac Bruce (and with better speed) ... he's gotta get some new contact lenses and start wearing big-league NFL gloves ... oh well maybe next decade things will be better for the Raiders

by Elmgrovegnome
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   624  
Veteran

I think it was a good move for Dallas. I don't believe this year's Raider version of Amari Cooper is who he really is. We will eventually see the old Amari when he gets settled in. I don't think he was happy in Oakland, especially when Gruden traded Kahlil Mack.

It's good for both sides. Dallas is good enough that getting an experienced WR is better than waiting on a drafted one to develop a year or more from now. That division is not out of their reach.

by aeneas1
5 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

The Athletic wrote:Thompson: Khalil Mack's gone, Amari Cooper's gone, whispers say Derek Carr might be next — have fun with these Raiders, Las Vegas

yeah, cuz oakland raiders fans had so much fun with with those guys on the team, 28-36 during mack's and carr's 4 years together, and 25-29 during cooper's and carr's years together...

• 1 / 2
15 posts Apr 24 2024