by ramsfan1977
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /75027834/

I doubt it but it does make sense!

Joe Thomas to the Rams

Few teams have the spotty history of addressing their offensive line as the St. Louis Rams do. With Todd Gurley's ahead-of-schedule arrival as one of the league's best backs and comfortable cap room in 2016, it's time for Jeff Fisher and Co. to take themselves seriously as a postseason threat. If there's anyway the puzzling Cleveland Browns would part with Thomas, the Rams should make a serious play for the perennial all-pro. The move would allow Greg Robinson, a former No. 2 overall pick who has struggled at left tackle, to shift inside to guard. Cleveland, meanwhile, would likely receive a substantial haul for a player whose career might not be aligned with their rebuild. -Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

I'd start with trying to package one of next years number 2's with a future pick. If I had to cave, I would part with next years first round pick and be happy as a clam.

by RamsFanSince82
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   5851  
United States of America   So. Cal.
Hall of Fame

I don't have a strong opinion about trading for him or not trading for him, but he's going to be 31 in a month. He's close to the age where lineman start to get injured more frequently and their play declines.

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 5 months ago

RamsFanSince82 wrote:I don't have a strong opinion about trading for him or not trading for him, but he's going to be 31 in a month. He's close to the age where lineman start to get injured more frequently and their play declines.

I think if you have the opportunity to acquire the best LT in football at the top of his game, when you are a team like the Rams on the rise, you have to carefully consider it. Look what the Jason Peters trade did for Philly.

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

If he is the "BEST" LT in the game, do it but for not a first. OLmen do start breaking down but they frequently have longer careers than running backs.
If this guy is the best, moving GRob inside then then unleash the Gurley beast. A stout line helps everyone on that side of the ball play better.
Next years number 2's with a future pick would be a great deal for both teams unless the Rams start winning a lot more games.

by LA Champ
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   21  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

oh hell no....we do terrible with FA linemen....I think Dahl was the best one....If I were to make a play for ANY FA's....it be a QB....Like....hmmmm, can I get Eli? Or maybe....the guy at Detroit, Stafford? Or maybe.....hmmm....maybe Johnny Football? ahahahahahahah Just kidding....

by Hacksaw_64
8 years 5 months ago

LA Champ wrote:oh hell no....we do terrible with FA linemen....I think Dahl was the best one....If I were to make a play for ANY FA's....it be a QB....Like....hmmmm, can I get Eli? Or maybe....the guy at Detroit, Stafford? Or maybe.....hmmm....maybe Johnny Football? ahahahahahahah Just kidding....

glue = bad for your health

by Ramfan46
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   123  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

He has too many miles on him. Cleveland wouldn't dump him for no reason. They've been bad forever, so what changed? We are winning with Robinson learning on the job, stay the course and let him grow. Robinson to me is similar to Quinn in that they have physical traits you can't find. Remember how much of a liability against the run Quinn was his first year starting? That has been eliminated from his game after he had time to work on his craft. It is very rare for him to take that bad angle up field on a running play. Let Robinson have 2 years of looks at Pass Rush get off vs Run D looks and you will start to see his athleticism take over. I saw a flash of it on Tavon's 66 Screen TD. Robinson gets out there like a train, but couldn't locate a Defender to make contact. He still got out there with such speed it created space because the DB wasn't willing to take on that kind of size and momentum. Barnes cleaned it up nicely once he arrived. GRob's game has warts, his athleticism does not IMO. He just needs time to learn so he can react. Look at Tree this year, that is playing off instincts allowing his speed to really show now.

by Hacksaw
8 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BWAHAAHAA. I'd do it if they were 2 first round pick in the 2075 and 2090 seasons respectfully..

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 19 2024